AsiaFest 2021: Spring Break EditionVIEW EVENT DETAILS
This event has taken place. Find the recap and photo gallery here »
Spend your Spring Break enjoying some time outdoors with family while you eat, shop, and play during our spring break "lite" edition of our AsiaFest festival!
This year's festival will be socially-distanced and spread out across our front lawn, with limited tickets and timed entry. Each day of the festival will highlight cultural traditions from a different region of Asia with:
- Daily performances at 4:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m., and 6:30 p.m.
- Arts and crafts activities
- Fusion cuisine
- Vendor booths
- Exclusive after-hours access to our exhibition, Shahidul Alam: Truth to Power
Monday, March 15: East Asia
- Performances by Dance of Asian America
- Vendors include Foreign Policy Food Truck, Tiny Sponge, Black Tea Café, and LH Candle Studio
- Activities include games, zen garden kits, and origami
Tuesday, March 16: Southeast Asia
- Performances by Gamelan of the New Moon
- Vendors include Nom Mi Street, Casa Indika, Community Cloth, and Amara's Trunk
- Activities include games, bracelet-weaving, and clay pottery
Wednesday, March 17: Middle East
- Vendors include Foreign Policy Food Truck, Curations by Asal, Nihal Sönmez, and Fahim Somani
- Activities include Nowruz-inspired fun and mosaic-making
Thursday, March 18: South Asia
- Performances by Anjali Center for Performing Arts
- Vendors include Trishnna Tea, Ethnic Rootz, and She Has Hope
- Activities include mandalas, Nepali flags, and kite-making
FREE After-Hours Access to Exhibition during AsiaFest
Shahidul Alam: Truth to Power presents the first comprehensive U.S. museum survey of Bangladeshi photographer, writer, activist, and institution builder Shahidul Alam. Providing visitors with a nuanced view of Bangladesh and South Asia, the exhibition explores systems of personal and collective agency, and underscores the importance of self-representation, empowerment, and truth as embodied in Alam's life and work.
On view through July 11, 2021
Health and Safety
Please note we continue to follow the CDC's recommendations and will strictly adhere to protocols to keep our guests and staff safe throughout each event. Learn more about our health and safety protocols and procedures.
Paid parking is available in the Asia Society Texas Center parking lot across the building on Southmore Boulevard. Entrances are located on Caroline Street and Austin street. For additional details about accessing the Museum District — including Metrorail, cabs, and more parking options — please visit the Houston Museum District website.
AsiaFest is the Asia Society Texas Center’s free annual community festival displaying the vibrancy of Asian culture, creativity, and cuisine in Houston. Since 2015, guests have joined us each year for an international bazaar, performances, arts and crafts, fusion food, live demonstrations, and more.
Swing into spring break with these family-friendly events in Houston
Preview Picks: Asia Fest Spring Break Edition, The Grammys head the list
Family Fun: Project Dance Houston, Spring Break with Girlstart are top choices
Sponsorship and Support
Terri & Jeff Lee
1370 Southmore Blvd
Houston, TX 77004
For event details visit https://asiasociety.org/texas/events/asiafest-2021-spring-break-edition 1370 Southmore Blvd Houston, TX 77004