Health and Safety
We welcome guests back to our building with free admission to our exhibitions in the Fayez Sarofim Grand Hall and Louisa Stude Sarofim Gallery.
We remain dedicated to the well-being of our friends, volunteers, staff, and city. We have prepared the below safety and health protocols in line with local, state, and federal guidelines, and in close coordination with our Houston Museum District colleagues.
Protocols and procedures include:
- All surfaces are being thoroughly deep cleaned and sanitized following CDC recommendations.
- All guest areas are sanitized at the beginning and end of each day.
- High-touch areas such as door handles are cleaned every 30 minutes when guests are in our facility.
- Staff members and volunteers undergo temperature checks before reporting to work.
- Face masks are worn by staff members facing public at all times.
- Acrylic panels are installed at our Guest Services desk.
- Physical distancing markers are installed throughout the building.
- Hand-sanitizing stations are installed throughout the building.
- Drinking fountains are not be available for use.
- Pondi Café remains closed. Reopening dates will be announced.
- Visitor capacity is restricted to 25 guests in the Gallery at any time.
To ensure the safety of our guests, staff and volunteers, please review the following protocols in preparing for your visit:
- Guests over the age of 10 are required to wear a face mask at all times in the building. Complimentary masks are provided to guests without their own.
- Physical distancing of 6 feet or more between parties is required.
- Guests exhibiting any signs of illness are required to exit the building and asked to return on a future date.
- Large bags are not permitted inside the building. Coat/bag check is not available.
We are committed to providing a safe place for excellent programming, and we look forward to seeing you.
Updated April 10, 2021.