Family DayVIEW EVENT DETAILS
You are invited to a fun-filled day in the Museum District!
1370 Southmore Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77004
- Get a sneak-peak at a new installation by Japanese artist Ayomi Yoshida, create a craft tied to Japanese woodblock prints, and have the opportunity to take part in a group art project related to Japanese garden design, all inspired by Ayomi Yoshida’s work!
- Take part in a photo contest and tour the exhibition FotoFest 2018 Biennial: INDIA | Contemporary Photographic and New Media Art in its final week.
5216 Montrose Blvd, Houston, Texas 77006
- Explore CAMH’s current exhibitions Right Here, Right Now: San Antonio and Cary Leibowitz: Museum Show with our Art Guide booklet (available in both English and Spanish).
- Make a memory by posing in our photo booth inspired by the artist Sarah Castillo.
- Join our text map and write a story about your home to share with fellow visitors.
- Get inspired by Cary Leibowitz, then make a pop culture melty bead creation.
- Spray a chalk art animal inspired by Art on the Lawn featured artist, Bucky Miller.
- Don’t miss the chance to get a free poem from the Inprint Poetry Buskers. Using typewriters and the muse of immediate inspiration, these talented local writers will write you a customized poem on a theme of your choice.
- Plus, Crispy or Grilled and Friohana Shave Ice food trucks – come hungry!
4912 S. Main Street, Houston, Texs 77002
- Hands-on activities inspired by Elaine Bradford's and Sara Cress' Routine Fables and our 2018 Artist Studio Program exhibition, In Real Life, both on view at Lawndale until Sunday, July 29.
- In the Routine Fables activity, participants will create sculpture poems inspired by the work of Bradford and Cress.
- In our Real Life activity, we welcome participants to take inspiration from the work of Lawndale's 2017/18 Artist Studio Program participants Regina Agu, Shannon Crider, and htx people project to collage portraits exploring their own identity.
Start your day at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (11 a.m. - 2 p.m.)
1001 Bissonnet Street, Houston, Texas 77005
- Enjoy art-making activities, docent-led tours, a virtual reality station with Houston Community College's Department of Interior Design, and a design activity with Glassell Jr. School Instructor Jessica McMahon.
- Make your own paper model of the new Glassell School of Art.
- Sign up to share a story at Story Booth: LIVE at 2 p.m.
- Play a MFAH Collection Memory Game and Garden Quest III: The Legend of Stella.
- Explore a "Songs for Art" Spotify playlist and the Glassell entryway's Nameless Sound site-specific improvisational piece.
- Enjoy Houston Pride Band's brass, woodwind, and percussion music.
Education and outreach programs at Asia Society Texas Center are made possible through generous funding from Nancy C. Allen, Karen Chang, Greater Houston Community Foundation, and the George and Mary Josephine Hamman Foundation. Generous funding also provided by the Friends of Asia Society Texas Center, a premier group of individuals and organizations committed to bringing exceptional programming and exhibitions to Asia Society Texas Center.
Asia Society Texas Center
1370 Southmore Boulevard
Houston, Texas 77004
Contemporary Arts Museum Houston (CAMH)
5216 Montrose Blvd
Houston, Texas 77006
Lawndale Art Center
4912 S. Main Street
Houston, Texas 77002
Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
1001 Bissonnet Street
Houston, Texas 77005
Join the Facebook Event »