The Korean Peninsula
The situation in North Korea will remain a matter of international interest. How will the status quo develop? How will it influence us?
This focus topic is all about the Korean Peninsula and its geopolitics. Considering the confusion around the Trump-Kim summit, we created a viewer's guide to bring some order into the chaos.
Opening Behind Closed Curtains – A Conversation with Katharina Zellweger, on June 7, 2018. You can read our extensive event recap and watch the full session here. If you wish to glimpse behind the scenes, read our own interview with Katharina Zellweger here.
The Korean Peninsula and the Changing Global Security Landscape – A Conversation with John Park, on May 29/30, 2018. You can read our extensive event recap and listen to the full conversation here. If you wish to glimpse behind the scenes, read our own interview with John Park here.
The Asia Society Book Club: «Pachinko» by Min Jin Lee, on April 19, 2018.
Our guest speakers John Park and Katharina Zellweger were widely mentioned in the Swiss press:
- Watch: «Katharina Zellweger on Trump-Kim Summit: "It's a give and a take"», CNN Money Switzerland, June 11, 2018
- Read: «Es ist wie auf einer Achterbahn», Tages Anzeiger, May 31, 2018
- Listen: «Intenses tractations diplomatiques entre USA et Corée du Nord avant le sommet du 12 juin», RTS Tout un monde, May 31, 2018
- Listen: «Chancen für Gipfeltreffen sind deutlich gestiegen», SRF Echo der Zeit, May 31, 2018
- Watch: «North Korea Expert John Park sees Switzerland playing a role in the denuclearization process», CNN Money Switzerland, June 11, 2018