[HYBRID] State of Asia: The Indian ImperativeVIEW EVENT DETAILS
An end-of-year conversation with Dr. Shashi Tharoor
In the third edition of our State of Asia series, we are taking stock of how Asia has changed this year, and what challenges await in 2021. And what a year it has been! One of upheaval, turbulence, and crisis – but also one of resilience, opportunity, and innovation. This year’s State of Asia provides a perspective on the world from India – a country that may play a crucial role in an emerging world order.
To discuss how the pandemic has changed Asia and the world, we are joined by Dr. Shashi Tharoor, member of the Indian parliament, former Foreign Minister, former Under-Secretary General of the UN, and prolific author, for a wide-ranging conversation. In his book The New World Disorder and the Indian Imperative, co-authored with Samir Saran, Tharoor argues that the 21st Century will be defined by three geographies and their intersections: The Eurasian landmass, the Indo-Pacific maritime system, and the Arctic Ocean. India, they say, is uniquely positioned to take on a leadership role in Asia – and the world.
This event is held as a hybrid event. You can join either online via Zoom, or live at the location in Zurich. The price is the same. You can change your registration from live to online at any time by simply sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about the live event and Covid-19
- There is a maximum of 50 seats at the live event.
- You are required to wear a mask inside the building. We ask you to keep your mask on whenever possible.
- We will serve drinks after the event, but ask you to remain seated during the reception. You cannot change seats.
- We ask you to strictly adhere to the safety and hygiene rules. If you feel unwell or have been exposed to someone with Covid-19 in the 14 days prior to the event, we ask that you attend the event online.
- If the situation and restrictions change, it's possible that we have to make adjustments to the live event or move the event online entirely. Thank you for understanding.
Dr. Shashi Tharoor, a third-term Member of Parliament for Thiruvananthapuram, is the bestselling author of twenty one books, both fiction and non-fiction, besides being a former Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations and a former Minister of State for Human Resource Development and for External Affairs in the Government of India. He has won numerous awards, including the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman, a Commonwealth Writers’ Prize and the Crossword Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2019, Dr. Tharoor was also awarded the Sahitya Akademi Award in the category of ‘English Non-Fiction’ for his book An Era of Darkness. He chairs Parliament’s Standing Committee on Information Technology.
Haus zum Rüden
or on Zoom
For event details visit https://asiasociety.org/switzerland/events/hybrid-state-asia-indian-imperative Haus zum Rüden Limmatquai 42 8001 Zürich (MAP) or on Zoom