China-U.S. Cultural Investment Forum 2019VIEW EVENT DETAILS
Beijing Contemporary Art Foundation and Asia Society jointly present the 2019 China-U.S. Cultural Investment Forum.
The annual China-U.S. Cultural Investment Forum is a platform to promote the cultural investment industry of China and the United States. This conference is also important for the development and understanding of international cultural collaboration.
Through presentations and panel discussions, key leaders in the fields of finance, culture, academia, policy, and philanthropy will share their perspectives on topics such as cultural investment and social innovation, culture and technology, and international collaboration in the development of new talent.
Cultural investment was significant in the long-term cooperation between Chinese and American cultures, playing a strategic and crucial role in China's rapid economic and social development in the past decade. The China-U.S. Cultural Investment Forum seeks to ignite new ideas and deeper conversations among international industry leaders.
The China-U.S. Cultural Investment Forum is part of the Creative China Festival 2019.
1:00–1:15 p.m.: Welcome
Boon Hui Tan, Vice President of Global Arts & Cultural Programs and Director, Asia Society Museum
Cui Qiao, President, Beijing Contemporary Art Foundation
1:15–2:30 p.m.: Session I: Cultural Investment and Social Innovation
Social innovation has been an effective means of tackling social challenges in recent years. At the same time, investment in the cultural sector has been increasingly perceived as a creative way of achieving positive social outcomes and shaping a vibrant social landscape. The speakers on this panel will discuss the impact of cultural investment and social innovation by showcasing their innovative practices.
• Jerry Mao, Partner of Lunar Capital
• Ben Rodriguez-Cubeñas, Rockefeller Brothers Fund, Program Director, Culpeper Arts & Culture
• Sun Tingting, Partner of MM Capital
• Colin Yao, Vice President, Tencent, and President of Timi Studio Group
• Tao Ze, China Board of Synergos Institute and Founder of Yishan
• Dorinda Elliott, Director of Programs and Center for Business, China Institute (moderator)
2:45–4:00 p.m.: Session II: Culture and Technology
Culture and technology are intertwined, each influencing the other. Culture helps shape the nature of technological development with enriching content, while technology reveals cultural trends that affect every aspect of our lives. In this session, the panelists will present various cases of collaborations in art, technology, and society to offer insight into their challenges and opportunities.
• Margaret Bodde, Executive Director, The Film Foundation
• Liu Qin, Deputy Director, Culture, Dunhuang Institute
• Karen Wong, Deputy Director, New Museum
• Catherine Ying, Vice President of CMC Capital
• Cui Qiao, President, Beijing Contemporary Art Foundation and China Art Film Fund (moderator)
4:15–5:30 p.m.: Session III: International Collaboration in Development of Talent
With the importance of information exchange through interdisciplinary engagement, international collaboration plays a vital role in societal innovation. It promotes cultural and economic development, advances technology, and impacts social policy making. The panelists will share opinions on the necessity of nurturing talents and address the benefits of transnational collaboration.
• Danielle Chang, founder of LUCKYRICE and host of Lucky Chow
• Cara Mertes, Project Director, Moving Image Strategies, International Programs, Ford Foundation
• Jeff Reichert and Zhang Yiqian, producers of “American Factory”
• Xavier Teo, Condé Nast Group, Executive Creative Director
• Daisy Yiyou Wang, Hong Kong Palace Museum, Deputy Director
• Boon Hui Tan, Vice President of Global Arts & Cultural Programs and Director, Asia Society Museum (moderator)
5:40–5:55 p.m.: Conclusion and Closing Remarks
6:00–7:00 p.m.: VIP reception in the Garden Court Cafe
Click here for videos of the 2018 China-U.S. Cultural Investment Forum.
725 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10021
For event details visit https://asiasociety.org/new-york/events/china-us-cultural-investment-forum-2019 Asia Society 725 Park Avenue New York, NY 10021