Plan Your Visit
Coming to an in-person program or to visit the Museum? Please note that masks are recommended, but not required at Asia Society public events, in the Museum, and at AsiaStore. You may review our safety protocols and visitor guidelines here.
All visitors to the building must pass through a security check.
Hours and admission
Asia Society Museum
Please note the museum is currently closed while we install our next exhibition, Meiji Modern: Fifty Years of New Japan opening to the public on Tuesday, October 3.
Organized by the Japanese Art Society of America, this special exhibition reevaluates a seminal era of turmoil, transformation, and creativity in Japan spanning the mid-nineteenth to early-twentieth centuries. Comprising nearly 80 works—including paintings, prints, photographs, sculptural works, and objects in various media, such as enamel, lacquer, embroidery, and textiles—this exhibition presents some of the finest examples of Meiji-period artworks in American collections, both public and private.
Open Tuesday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
AsiaStore does not require an admission fee to enter.
Tuesday - Friday: 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday, and Monday: Closed
Open on weekends starting in October.
Purchase Timed Tickets
Asia Society and Museum
725 Park Avenue (at 70th Street)
New York, NY 10021
General Inquiries: 212-288-6400
Box Office: 212-517-ASIA (2742)
6 train to East 68th Street/Hunter College; F or Q to East 63rd Street/Lexington Avenue.
M1, M2, M3, M4 to Madison Avenue and East 70th Street; M101, M102 to Lexington Avenue and East 70th Street; M30 to Park and 72nd; M66 to Park Avenue and 68th Street.
Limited on-street metered and unmetered parking is available in the neighborhood.
For additional options, visit http://nyc.bestparking.com.
Docent-led tours of our exhibitions are regularly offered. Please inquire at the front desk to join these tours, which are free with admission.
- Please do not touch the artwork.
- Eating or drinking on the premises is not currently permitted.
- Mobile phone use is permitted in the museum to access exhibition audio guides. Photography, without flash, is permitted in the building's public spaces (in AsiaStore with staff approval) and in the museum galleries unless otherwise indicated by the following symbol.
- Coat check is currently closed. Please do not bring large bags with you on your visit.
- No pets or animals are allowed into the building with the exception of service animals. No bicycles (including folding bikes, roller blades, skateboards, etc.) are allowed into the building.
- Asia Society is a smoke-free environment.
- Visitors may show their SNAP/EBT card to receive free Museum admission for up to 4 guests.
Sketching and Copying
Sketching, in pencil only, is permitted in all galleries of Asia Society. The use of ballpoint pens, ink, markers, fountain pens, or watercolors is not permitted at any time. Crayon, pastel, and charcoal are permitted only on Museum-supervised tours that specifically authorize their use. While sketching, please do not hinder visitor traffic flow in the galleries. During periods of high attendance, the Museum reserves the right to make any necessary adjustments to this sketching policy.
Please inquire at the Reception Desk for any assistance you may require. Asia Society Museum and its programs are accessible to people using wheelchairs. Wheelchairs are available for use during your visit. A limited number of assistive listening devices, headsets, and neckloops are available for most programs at Asia Society. Large-font audio tour scripts and exhibition labels are available at the Reception Desk. Museum admission is free for visitors with disabilities and a person accompanying them.