Plan Your Visit
Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of visitors and staff. We take seriously our responsibility as a public institution to have safety protocols in place for our community.
To ensure that we are providing a safe environment for all, admission to Asia Society Museum is by timed ticket only. Tickets must be reserved in advance.
Asia Society has enacted new safety protocols and visitor guidelines. Please take a moment to review them ahead of your visit. All visitors are required to follow these safety protocols. We appreciate your cooperation. We reserve the right to ask visitors who do not adhere to these guidelines to leave the premises.
Asia Society and Museum
725 Park Avenue (at 70th Street)
New York, NY 10021
General Inquiries: 212-288-6400
Box Office: 212-517-ASIA (2742)
The Museum will be operating on the following reduced schedule.
Special opening week hours:
October 27 through November 1, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Regular Museum hours:
Thursday through Sunday, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursdays from 11 a.m. to noon will be reserved for elderly and immunocompromised persons.
Coat check is closed. Please do not bring large bags on your visit.
The Garden Court Café remains closed.
Whether you are able to visit us in person or not, please check back, sign up for our e-newsletters, and follow us @asiasocietyny for the latest updates. We encourage you to stay connected with us by exploring all of our digital programs.
6 train to East 68th Street/Hunter College; F or Q to East 63rd Street/Lexington Avenue.
M1, M2, M3, M4 to Madison Avenue and East 70th Street; M101, M102 to Lexington Avenue and East 70th Street; M30 to Park and 72nd; M66 to Park Avenue and 68th Street.
Daily Exhibition Tours
Group tours are suspended until further notice.
- Please do not touch the artwork.
- No eating or drinking outside of the Garden Court Café except during special events. No outside food is permitted.
- Mobile phone use is permitted in the museum to access exhibition audio guides. Photography, without flash, is permitted in the building's public spaces (in AsiaStore with staff approval) and in the museum galleries unless otherwise indicated by the following symbol.
- Bags, umbrellas, and large packages must be checked while visiting the galleries or AsiaStore.
- No pets or animals are allowed into the building with the exception of service animals. No bicycles (including folding bikes, roller blades, skateboards, etc.) are allowed into the building.
- Asia Society is a smoke-free environment.
Violations of the above restrictions may result in removal from the building without refund.
Sketching and Copying
Sketching, in pencil only, is permitted in all galleries of Asia Society. The use of ballpoint pens, ink, markers, fountain pens, or watercolors is not permitted at any time. Crayon, pastel, and charcoal are permitted only on Museum-supervised tours that specifically authorize their use. While sketching, please do not hinder visitor traffic flow in the galleries. During periods of high attendance, the Museum reserves the right to make any necessary adjustments to this sketching policy.
Please inquire at the Reception Desk for any assistance you may require. Asia Society Museum and its programs are accessible to people using wheelchairs. Wheelchairs are available for use during your visit. A limited number of assistive listening devices, headsets, and neckloops are available for most programs at Asia Society. Large-font audio tour scripts are available at the Reception Desk. Large-font exhibition labels are available outside the Museum galleries.