National Chinese Language Conference 2023: Day OneVIEW EVENT DETAILS
Join us at the 16th Annual NCLC for an immersive experience to learn, engage, and support one another
The Asia Society is excited to host the 16th Annual National Chinese Language Conference as a live, in-person and online hybrid experience on April 28-29, 2023.
This year's conference will be a two-day interactive event bringing together educators from across the Chinese language and culture field to share new ideas and insights, connect with peers for support, advance the profession, and chart the future.
Mark your calendar to join us in-person and online:
- Friday, April 28 (In-person & Online): Plenaries, workshops, expo & networking
- Saturday, April 29 (Online Only): Breakout sessions, expo & networking
Friday, April 28 (In-person and Online)
9:30 - 10:45 a.m Plenary I—Unlocking Global Competency Through World Language Learning
11 a.m. - 12 p.m. Plenary II—Kingdom of Characters: A Journey Through the Evolution of Chinese Language with Professor Jing Tsu
12 - 1:15 p.m. Lunch & Learn (Expo)
1:15 - 2:15 p.m. Plenary III—Perspectives from the Trenches: The State of Chinese Education in 2023
2:30 - 3:30 p.m. Educators Workshop led by NCSSFL and NYU
3:40 - 4:40 p.m. Educators Workshop led by CLASS
2:30 - 4:30 p.m. Leaders Summit (by invitation)
4:45 - 5:45 p.m. Networking Cocktail Reception (for onsite attendees) / Expo & Networking (for online attendees)
Saturday, April 29 (Online)
9 - 9:45 a.m. Breakout Sessions 1
10 - 10:45 a.m. Breakout Sessions 2
11 - 11:45 a.m. Breakout Sessions 3
11:45 - 1 p.m. Lunch & Learn (Expo)
1 - 1:45 p.m. Breakout Sessions 4
2 - 2:45 p.m. Breakout Sessions 5
3 - 3:45 p.m. Breakout Sessions 6
3:45 - 5 p.m. Expo and Networking
5 p.m. NCLC 2023 Adjourns
Check out the full list of breakout sessions here.
At NCLC, you will experience:
- Thought-provoking plenaries by leading language educators and renowned guests
- 55+ Breakout sessions and workshops on innovative and trending topics in language and culture education
- Live Q&A with keynote speakers and presenters
- 1:1 networking with new friends and colleagues
- Engage with a global community of 1,000 PK-16 Chinese language teachers and education leaders
- Exclusive perks and discounts from event sponsors
- PLUS 30-day access to all NCLC 2023 plenaries and breakout sessions so you won't miss a thing!
- Hybrid Ticket for General Audience: $300
- Hybrid Ticket for Members: $270 (For members of Asia Society, ACTFL, NYU, CLASS, CLTA, NCSSFL, NCLCC, and College Board)
- Hybrid Ticket for Presenters: $240
Hybrid Ticket offers both in-person and virtual experiences with April 28 in New York City and April 29 online. Lunch, in-person networking reception, and a free pass to the Asia Society Museum on April 28 are included. Hybrid tickets are limited and on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Online Only Tickets
- Online Only Ticket for General Audience (early bird by March 31): $120
- Online Only Ticket for General Audience (after April 1): $150
- Online Only Ticket for Presenters: $90
Online-only ticket offers an immersive virtual experience powered by ZoomEvents for both conference days, which includes live streaming plenaries, workshops, 1:1 video networking, breakout sessions, dynamic expo and more.
If more than 8 attendees will register from the same institution, please contact email@example.com for a bundle discounted rate.
- Visit the NCLC Zoom Event page
- Click the "Register" button
- You will be directed to a sign in page. Please sign in with your Zoom account or create a new account for Zoom
- You will see a pop-up window with ticket types. Choose one and click "Continue"
- Please fill in the registration questions when asked, then click "Agree and Continue"
- Complete the payment info when asked, and click "Confirm and Pay"
Note: All sales are final and tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exchanges or refunds will be issued after a ticket has been purchased, or for lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed tickets.
If you are planning to join us in person, please arrange the hotel accommodation that works best for you.
Alternatively, you may consider booking a room at The Lexington Hotel, Autograph Collection (511 Lexington Avenue at 48th Street New York, New York 10017). Book via this link by April 7 (extended!) to reserve a room with a special group rate for NCLC participants at $321/night (the daily facility fee has been waived for the group).
Interested in sponsoring NCLC? Sponsoring NCLC is a great way to increase your brand exposure and connect with our wonderful community of educators. We will work with you to determine a sponsorship tier and marketing opportunities that meet your needs. Check out more details here and contact us for more information.