E-Commerce and Digital Marketing Coordinator
Department: Visitor Services
Reports to: Managing Director, Visitor Engagement and Events and Chief Merchandising Officer
Job Type: Part-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
AsiaStore, Asia Society’s award-winning decorative arts boutique and bookstore, is a unique and dynamic retail environment that showcases the modern Asian lifestyle. With a commitment to featuring the renowned brands of Asia and promoting emerging design talent, AsiaStore is at the forefront of presenting the best in Asian design and literature.
AsiaStore is seeking a creative, technically skilled, retail savvy individual with expertise in e-commerce, social media, and digital marketing. The position requires an innovative, entrepreneurial individual with exemplary knowledge of and experience with online retail and outreach marketing to strategically expand AsiaStore’s E-commerce and social media presence and bring in a new customer base. This individual will play an active role in re-conceptualizing AsiaStore’s website; transitioning AsiaStore.org to a platform commerce platform; creating content and developing campaigns for AsiaStore’s social media platforms and e-commerce. The successful individual will know how to build revenue and audience, working creating with a limited marketing budget.
- Assisting with website redesign
- Spearheading transition of existing site to Big Commerce as a new E-commerce platform
- Tailoring portfolio of E-commerce offerings to make it a platform for growth – including through partnerships with designers, authors and communication initiatives
- Implementing a digital strategy to improve traffic, sales and optimization of the E-commerce site, leveraging Salesforce CRM and Marketing Cloud tools
- Identifying and implementing new opportunities throughout the customer journey to deliver high performing, customer interactions, and touchpoints
- Developing content and coordinating marketing, email, social media, and website campaigns
- Updating, maintaining website and social media platforms
- Expanding online customer base and driving revenue
- Member and customer stewardship through strategic outreach
- Monitoring and analyzing online metrics, tracking campaigns and reporting on website statistics and key performance indicators
- Working with Asia Society’s Salesforce team to create Dashboards and reports
- Billing, invoicing tracking
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Retail Marketing or related fields and 2-3 years related work experience in E-commerce management and digital marketing
- Proven knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures within the retail industry (with a strong focus on E-commerce and digital marketing)
- Experience working on an E-commerce operation with entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrable experience coordinating marketing, email, social media, and website campaigns
- Expertise in customer journey management, and digital communications
- Adept at managing social media platforms
- Proficient photography skills
This position is part-time, working 20 hours per week.
ABOUT ASIA SOCIETY:
Founded in 1956, Asia Society’s purpose is to navigate shared futures for Asia and the world across policy, arts and culture, education, sustainability, business, and technology. We provide a platform for dialogue and encourage a diversity of views as we try to find the most effective ways forward. Headquartered in New York City, the organization has 12 other Centers around the world, a global staff of 235, and an annual global operating budget in excess of $44m.
Asia Society is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that engaging staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better realize our mission of navigating shared futures.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this role, all interested applicants must submit a completed application to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A completed application must include:
- Resume or CV
- Cover Letter
- Subject line: E-Commerce and Digital Marketing Coordinator
Asia Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity in the workplace. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.