Digital Content Specialist
Department: Digital and Communications
Reports to: Executive Director & Chief Content Officer
Job Type: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $40,000 - $50,000
Asia Society is looking for a Digital Content Specialist to write and edit copy for web, social media, email and other digital platforms. This candidate must be a strong writer, have a passion for digital content, and know their way around a CMS and the backend of a professional social account. In addition to drafting original content, this person will play an important role in updating and maintaining our website, working with departments throughout the global organization to edit content so it’s clear, compelling, and maximizes engagement. We are looking for candidates who love creating digital content, are obsessed with details and getting things right, and passionate about what Asia Society does.
- Writing and editing content for Asia Society’s website, social channels, email newsletters, and other digital products
- Helping maintain Asia Society’s website, keeping our pages accurate, compelling, and up-to-date
- Regularly offering new and creative content ideas
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- You are an excellent writer and copy editor, with working knowledge of AP Style.
- You are a proficient user of Drupal or similar content management systems.
- You possess basic photo editing skills and are comfortable using design platforms such as Canva.
- You realize a headline or tweet is often just as important as the article, and you write accordingly.
- You have professional or personal experience using social media to engage and build audiences.
- You’re obsessed with finding, and fixing, typos.
- You enjoy handling multiple projects at the same time.
- You are a proven self-motivated, self-sufficient, self-starter.
- You are a team player, and you are excited about working closely with a diverse group of passionate colleagues.
- You work hard, but also value a work-life balance, and a good sense of humor.
ABOUT ASIA SOCIETY:
Asia Society, founded by John D. Rockefeller the 3rd in 1956, is a global non-profit dedicated to identifying future pathways for Asia and the world which enhance peace, prosperity, freedom, equality, and sustainability. Headquartered in New York City, with 15 centers located in Asia, Europe, and the U.S., the Asia Society has a dynamic and impressive board of trustees of more than 70 international leaders representing thought leadership in policy, the arts, and education as well as in governance and philanthropy.
Asia Society is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that engaging staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better realize our mission of navigating shared futures.
Asia Society offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan, numerous paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, self-development hours, and more. Please visit asiasociety.org/about/careers and click on “Employee Benefits” to view our full benefits summary.
Benefit package highlights:
- An HRA plan is available to supplement our medical plan.
- After 1 year of service (1,000 hours), Asia Society contributes 6% of gross earnings to an eligible employee’s 403(b) account, regardless of whether the employee makes their own contributions.
- Asia Society offers Self-Development time off, including Self-Development Summer Fridays between July 4th and Labor Day.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this role, all interested applicants must submit a completed application to: email@example.com.
A completed application must include:
- Resume or CV
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Links to relevant work (Optional)
- Subject line: Digital Content Specialist
Asia Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity in the workplace. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.