COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Asia Society is working to provide a safe space and reduce risk for our visitors. We continue to monitor and abide by federal, state, and city guidelines to inform our operations.
Timed ticket entry
To restrict the number of people in the building and in our museum galleries at any one time, visitation to the Asia Society Museum will be by timed ticket entry, via advance online reservation. Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required.
Before your visit
- Please stay home if you are feeling sick. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present.
- Coat check is currently closed. Please do not bring large bags with you on your visit.
- Food and drink are not allowed on the premises.
- Asia Society has implemented staff health checks; established a more frequent cleaning routine; and installed hand-sanitizer stations throughout the building.
During your visit
- All visitors aged 12 and older are required to be fully vaccinated, and must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon entry. Proof of vaccination may include: NYC COVID Safe App, Excelsior Pass, CDC Vaccination Card (or photo), NYC Vaccination Record, official immunization record from outside NYC or the U.S. If you received the vaccine outside the U.S., you must have an official immunization record; please see the New York City Department of Health guidelines for details.
- Visitors may have their temperatures checked upon entering the building. If you receive a reading of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, we will ask you to visit another day.
- Face coverings are required for all staff, members, and visitors over the age of two. You will not be permitted inside the building without a face covering.
- Face coverings must be worn for the duration of your visit. Masks are available at the front desk for those who need them. Following Federal guidelines, face coverings should:
- Reach above the nose, below the chin, and completely cover the mouth and nose.
- Fit snugly against the sides of the face.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at entry points and at stations throughout the building.
- Physical distancing is required; visitors should stay at least six feet from others. Please follow directional signs and physical-distancing markers at visitor entry and exit points as well as in locations throughout the building.
- Visitor capacity will be monitored in Museum galleries to ensure adequate physical distancing.
- Please follow the instructions of security guards and other Asia Society staff.
- All visitors are required to follow these safety protocols. Your cooperation is appreciated. Asia Society reserves the right to ask visitors who do not follow these guidelines to leave the premises.
Whether you are able to visit us in person or not, please check back, sign up for our e-newsletters, and follow us @asiasocietyny for the latest updates. We encourage you to stay connected with us by exploring all of our digital programs.
We look forward to welcoming you when you are able to visit.
For Museum hours and other information, please see our Plan Your Visit page.