COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Asia Society is working to provide a safe space and reduce risk by limiting the number of visitors, and by requiring everyone in the building to wear a face covering and to maintain physical distancing. We have also implemented staff health checks; established a more frequent cleaning routine that includes a building-wide cleaning schedule; incorporated enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces throughout the day; and installed hand-sanitizer stations throughout the building. Asia Society will continue to monitor and abide by federal, state, and city guidelines to inform our operations.
Timed ticket entry
To restrict the number of people in the building and in our museum galleries at any one time, visitation to the Asia Society Triennial will be by timed ticket entry, via online reservation. Capacity is limited. The Triennial is closed for the holidays December 25-27 and January 1-3.
Please see here for more information on reserving tickets in advance. A limited number of walk-in tickets are reserved for Asia Society members; however members are encouraged to reserve a timed ticket in advance to guarantee entry.
We will be closely monitoring the health and safety environment as we enter the new year so please stay tuned for information about our reopening of Asia Society Museum and AsiaStore.
Before your visit
- Travelers from out-of-state, exempting contiguous states, must comply with New York state 14-day quarantine guidelines and may not visit Asia Society during this period.
- Please stay home if you are feeling sick. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present.
- Coat check is currently closed. Please do not bring large bags with you on your visit.
- Food and drink are not allowed on the premises.
- Asia Society is working to provide a safe space and reduce risk to our building visitors.
- We have implemented staff health checks; established a more frequent cleaning routine that includes a building-wide cleaning schedule; incorporated enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces throughout the day; and installed hand-sanitizer stations throughout the building. Asia Society will continue to monitor and abide by federal, state, and city guidelines to inform our operations.
During your visit
- All visitors are required to have their temperatures checked upon entering the building. If you receive a reading of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, we will ask you to visit another day.
- Face coverings are required for all staff, members, and visitors over the age of two. You will not be permitted inside the building without a face covering.
- Face coverings must be worn for the duration of your visit. Masks are available at the front desk for those who need them. Following Federal guidelines, face coverings should:
- Reach above the nose, below the chin, and completely cover the mouth and nose.
- Fit snugly against the sides of the face.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at entry points and at stations throughout the building.
- Physical distancing is required; visitors should stay at least six feet from others. Please follow directional signs and physical-distancing markers at visitor entry and exit points as well as in locations throughout the building.
- Visitor capacity will be monitored in Museum galleries to ensure adequate physical distancing.
- Please follow the instructions of security guards and other Asia Society staff.
- All visitors are required to follow these safety protocols. Your cooperation is appreciated. Asia Society reserves the right to ask visitors who do not follow these guidelines to leave the premises.
Whether you are able to visit us in person or not, please check back, sign up for our e-newsletters, and follow us @asiasocietyny for the latest updates. We encourage you to stay connected with us by exploring all of our digital programs.
We look forward to welcoming you when you are able to visit.
For Museum hours and other information, please see our Plan Your Visit page.