2021 Asia Society Korea Youth (ASK-Y)
July 20, 2021 ㅡ Asia Society Korea Youth (ASK-Y) is a new program being launched in 2021 to convene the young generation across Asia and the rest of the world to voice their thoughts and share their concerns about the future of the world we inhabit. ASK-Y encourages youth participants of varying backgrounds to think outside of the box and come up with innovative solutions to the big questions that concern cultural, economic, political, environmental, and social sustainability.
ASK-Y is an effort to create a platform which emerging leaders can interact and engage with key public figures and leaders of industries, thereby cultivating the next generation of public intellectuals and activists in the realm of global sustainability. From panel discussion to policymaking to technological invention, ASK-Y probes any and all generational, sociocultural, gender and/or political issues pertaining to sustainability; the first principles under the issues, namely why we think we know what we already know; why we should be concerned about these issues; and offer our thoughts on how we can work together to navigate a more sustainable shared future.
The program highlights the creative perspectives and solutions as proposed by the youth to achieve the following objectives:
- Promote multi-track diplomacy, especially track II diplomacy between private citizens and groups of individuals
- Encourage youth participation in public and civic affairs by better building and managing the existing youth talent pool for track II diplomacy
- Expand international cooperation and capacity-building across the grassroots network of young people working toward social and environmental justice
- Produce and disseminate creative agendas for policy innovation and reform
In that spirit, Asia Society Korea is recruiting its first cohort of 10 fellows for the ASK-Y program. An honorarium and certificate of completion are provided to those who submit their reports.
- Anyone between ages 19 and 29
- Must be recommended by an Asia Society affiliate and/or academic advisor at an accredited institution of higher learning
- Fluency in the English language (both written and spoken)
- Asia Society Korea Honorary Ambassador Members
- Seasoned industry experts, advisors, and scholars affiliated with Asia Society Korea's extensive international network
- Application deadline — August 25, 2021
- Interviews and recruitment of participants — September 13-17, 2021
- Bi-weekly discussions — October 2021 until December 2021
- Final Reports due — end of January 2022
- Final Presentations — early March 2022
4. Program Benefits
- Asia Society Korea student membership fee waived
- Invitation to Asia Society Korea online events
- Mentorship opportunities from members of Asia Society Korea
- Honorarium of US$100 per discussion
- Cash compensation upon completion of the project
- Mentorship and career guidance by current and former Asia Society members and affiliates
5. Progress Report
- Participants are strongly encouraged to share with Asia Society Korea a summary of their activities and prospective career plans
- The participants must submit a Final Report (in Asia Society Korea's format) of their ASK-Y participation within one month from the program end date
- Participants are also encouraged to write a review of their activities in ASK-Y sessions which may be shared with our members and audience on Asia Society Korea's online platforms
If interested, fill out the application form here. For complete and accurate submission, you will receive an email acknowledging your submission as complete. Regularly check your official email account and phone for our confirmation. Please be advised that your recommendation needs to be submitted via email.
If you have any inquiries regarding the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.