Asia 21 Next Generation Fellowship
What is Asia 21 Fellowship?
Asia 21 Fellowship develops, connects and empowers the next generation of leaders in Asia to solve the region’s shared challenges and unlock its numerous opportunities.
Asia 21 Fellowship is:
- Fellowship: a year-long fellowship focused on common challenges facing Asia and the unique leadership competencies needed to tackle them
- Community: A network of 1,000 alumni from more than 40 countries and diverse sectors of economy and society
- Ecosystem: A hub of innovation in policy, entrepreneurship and social change focused on Asia, connecting the best minds with resources, opportunities and networks
Asia 21 Fellowship was established by the Asia Society in 2006 with a goal to support the next generation of leaders in Asia, to promote mutual understanding and effective collaboration between them to keep the region peaceful and prosperous. Today, Asia 21 Next Generation Fellowship stands as the region's foremost emerging leaders initiative and network.
Asia 21 is a dynamic ecosystem, supporting and nurturing talent, ideas and networks in the world's most dynamic region:
- A community of over 1000 alumni from 40 countries
- Asia 21 fellows include: ministers and tech entrepreneurs; artists and ambassadors, company CEOs and social activists, journalists and non-profit founders
- 16 active alumni chapters in Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, U.S.A and Vietnam
At the core of the Asia 21 is a year-long fellowship, focused on the overarching theme of "Leadership for a shared region".
Asia today is distinctly different from 15 years ago when the Asia 21 Fellowship was launched. The region today is marked by fragmentation and geopolitical tensions, less connected economy, deteriorating climate and rapid cultural, technological and societal changes.
But Asia continues to be peaceful, economically dynamic, innovative and influential in its cultural power.
As Asia 21 Fellows move into leadership roles and shape their countries, organizations and communities, what mindset and competencies will they need to lead in this “new” Asia?
Asia 21 Fellowship aims to develop this new mindset and global support network needed by future leaders through the interconnected Fellowship journey, consisting of:
- Annual summit: a 3-day summit held in different Asian capitals, bringing together the current fellows, alumni, mentors and experts
- Leadership program: a 2-day leadership retreat focusing on the global and regional challenges and core leadership competencies for the 21st century
- Community engagement: Fellows-led local community and public service programs and activities
- Collaborative impact projects: Group projects seeking to find practical solutions to Asia’s complex policy, economic, social and technological problems
- Masterclasses: a year-long series of sessions on leadership skills and in-depth conversations with experts
For more information about Asia 21 and how you can support the Asia 21 Initiative, please contact: Asia21@asiasociety.org
725 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10021-5088
United States of America