SEA Digital Food Crawl: VietnamVIEW EVENT DETAILS
Eyes on Asia Special Event
About ‘Eyes on Asia’
Eyes on Asia is a program of Asia Society Philippines, which aims to highlight and promote understanding of an Asian country or region through its policy, culture, and arts - spanning discussions and activities to discover what is beyond the surface.
About ‘Southeast Asia Food Crawl’
Eyes on Asia: Southeast Asia Food Crawl is a three-part series that highlights the diverse and rich culture of Southeast Asia through food. The program is intended to be a digital food experience of Southeast Asia’s different flavors with renowned chefs.
The audience will be partaking in digitally exploring the history of the cuisine and its modern inflections; and immersing in a taste of the actual cuisine delivered right at their doorstep.
The digital crawl will be streamed (public) on Asia Society Philippines’ Facebook and YouTube pages.
*Audiences can purchase food kits corresponding to each crawl.
SEA Food Crawl: Vietnamese Cuisine with Chef Minh Ta of Banh Mi Manila
Asia Society Philippines is joined by Banh Mi Manila on the third episode of Southeast Asian Food Crawl. Our guide: Banh Mi Manila’s owner and chef, Minh Ta.
On the menu: A crispy crust, soft texture, and savory filling - it’s Banh Mi!
In this episode, we explore Vietnamese culture through Banh Mi and the many ways we can enjoy it. Catch the program with Chef Minh Ta on December 1 at 6:00PM, as she teaches us how to make Banh Mi and Vietnamese Coffee.
We know you’ll definitely want the full experience and taste it for yourselves. We’ve got you! You can buy your Banh Mi and Vietnamese Coffee kit or your own Banh Mi DIY kit and get the full experience of making your own.
Get to know Chef Minh Ta
Founder and chef of Banh Mi Manila
Being in the education industry for more than 10 years as a teacher, marketing director and student affairs manager, Minh has always been an educator at heart. Coupled with her love for food and Vietnamese and Asian cuisine, it’s not a surprise that this was what she replied when asked about her goal:
“My goal is beyond being a good cook and make delicious food. My goal is also beyond being a good culinary teacher. My goal is to be good in inspiring others to create in them the desire to prepare dishes they can call their own.”
It’s not just about making good food and teaching her recipes, it’s about inspiring others and infecting them with the love for food and everything culinary related.
When Minh moved to Manila, she and her husband set up Banh Mi Manila and initially sold her products online. The demand for her savory traditional Vietnamese sandwich grew. Minh now supplies several restaurants in Metro Manila. Setting up Banh Mi Manila was her way of sharing Vietnamese cuisine and cooking techniques with Filipinos. Minh learned how to cook at a young age, and took formal training at the Australia-Vietnamese Vocational College under the tutelage of the award-winning Chef Long Phan. Minh tells her students to excel in the things they love to do. “But not too well, because you might end up cooking for so many people,” she joked.
BANH MI KITS
*All kits are inclusive of delivery fee within Metro Manila
KIT 1 at PHP419 | Banh Mi & Vietnamese Coffee
What's in the kit? Your option of pulled pork or lemon grass chicken Banh Mi paired with Vietnamese Coffee
KIT 2 at PHP699 | Banh Mi DIY Kit
What's in the kit? 2pcs of Banh Mi Bread; and a jar each of Liver Pate, Vietnamese Butter, and Pickled Veggies
- How do I order?
- Fill out the registration form and follow the guide on how to make your payment and seal your order.
- When will I receive my Banh Mi and Vietnamese Coffee / Banh Mi DIY kit?
- You will receive your kit/s on December 1 by 5:30PM so that you can have a taste and join us live!
- What if I can't join but want to buy the Banh Mi and Vietnamese Coffee / Banh Mi DIY kit?
- No worries! You may still place your order through the registration form and we'll still deliver the kit to you.
- Is there a limit to what I can order?
- None at all. You may indicate the number of kits that you would like to order in the form.
- Is the delivery fee included? What if I reside outside Metro Manila?
- Delivery is included in the fee for orders within Metro Manila.
- If you reside outside Metro Manila, we'll coordinate with couriers (Lalamove or Grab) to deliver to your doorstep. Delivery fees will be shouldered by you. Please note that we may not be able to guarantee the quality and freshness of the dish due to longer delivery time.
For event details visit https://asiasociety.org/philippines/events/sea-digital-food-crawl-vietnam For event details visit https://asiasociety.org/philippines/events/sea-digital-food-crawl-vietnam