Video Editor and Producer, Communications
Location: Manila, Philippines
Asia Society is looking for a talented video editor and producer to help manage the video needs of the organization’s global offices, with a special focus on our Asia-based centers. Reporting to our New York-based Video Producer, and working closely with the Chief Content Officer, the Video Editor and Producer’s main responsibilities include editing video footage from Asia Society’s global events, publishing event footage to social media, and helping produce promotional, editorial, and creative videos related to Asia Society programming and initiatives. The ideal candidate has experience working in a fast-paced corporate or online newsroom environment and the ability to simultaneously juggle many different tasks and projects. We are looking for a self-starter and creative thinker with an eye for detail, who is excited about working closely (albeit largely remotely) with a diverse group of passionate colleagues. Candidates must be enthusiastic about Asia and what Asia Society does.
- Edit event videos originating from multiple sources including multi-camera in-person events, remote events (Zoom recordings), and a mix of the two.
- Publish program events with appropriate titles, descriptions, thumbnails, and tags to multiple video platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, and our self-hosted video library.
- Log, archive, and manage global event videos.
- Create promos for upcoming global events and highlights of past events.
- Assist with the production of shorter creative videos.
- Bachelor’s degree and related experience.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Premiere and Photoshop. Proficiency in After Effects a plus.
- Experience producing promotional, event, documentary, and narrative style videos.
- Excellent editorial judgment and the ability to pitch creative ideas.
- Confidence in making quick editorial decisions and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, and hit deadlines.
- A proven self-motivated, self-sufficient, self-starter.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with a wide variety of people.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong writing and editing skills a plus, especially writing for the web.
- Proficiency in an Asian language is a plus.
How To Apply:
Email your cover letter (addressed to Joy Alampay, Executive Director, Asia Society Philippines), resume, salary requirements, and links to three video projects you are proud of to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate job title and reference code in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back.
Asia Society is an equal opportunity employer.
For any queries, don't hesitate to reach out to us through email at email@example.com.