Systems Administrator & Desktop Support
Location: Manila, Philippines (Remote)
The Systems Administrator & Desktop Support is responsible for implementing, managing and troubleshooting in-house digital infrastructure, cloud enterprise applications, and data systems for Asia Society’s global centers located in Asia and Europe and its shared global applications and systems, reporting directly to the Executive Director, Digital Strategy & Solutions (NY).
They will be located in Asia to work within the time zones of the global centers. They will also work closely with the EDDSS on advancing cybersecurity protections in the global system. They will be involved in cloud migration, server virtualization, training end users with new technologies, with a strong emphasis on automation, efficiencies and integration.
- Perform day-to-day systems administration activities including maintenance, backup, utilization and performance monitoring, and ensuring security on a variety of Windows-based computing platforms.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions and access rights. Assist other IT staff members in everyday tasks.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. Customer service oriented and be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be available during outside business hours for remote support and be available for other tasks, as needed and assigned by the EDDSS. Will need to be available to hold regular meetings with NY Headquarters during EST business hours.
- Create documentation on all upgrades, installs, repairs and actions for internal IT use and for end user training
- Liaise with third party vendors (ISP, hardware and software vendors, solutions integrators) for any technical troubleshooting.
- Work with the EDDSS on proactively ensuring cybersecurity of the network and system.
- Provide user training in systems as well as IT and industry best practices of IT policies, procedures
- Other tasks, as assigned by the Executive Director of Digital Strategies & Solutions.
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking and analytical skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks, while having ability to prioritize – especially during emergency situations.
- Must be technically proficient, including but not limited to the following specific areas of knowledge, experience and skills.
- Ability to be a strong proactive problem-solving, with comfort in out-of-the-box thinking.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or at least five years of related field required.
- At least five years of experience as systems administrator, Windows server administrator, network administrator or a similar position.
- Current Microsoft MCSE certification is preferred.
- CCNA certification desirable.
- Other technical certifications are a plus.
- Prior non-profit work experience highly desirable.
- Professional and Results-Oriented: Seeks to consistently produce results that achieve goals and objectives; conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments and observing deadlines; able to work independently with minimum supervision; good judgment, maturity, tact and discretion; ability to translate ideas into action.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Excellent skills in communicating with people from different cultures, backgrounds, and across time zones; works with others towards common purposes to achieve shared goals by developing and maintaining responsive, cooperative and mutually beneficial internal and external relationships.
- Organizational skills: create and maintain updated documentation, handle Help Desk tickets in a timely and efficient manner, meticulously annotate resolution notes.
- Technical Expertise: Professional competencies in the related field of work; Recognizes trends in theory and practice of one’s own technical area and effectively prepares for anticipated changes, including, but not limited to the following:
- Proven proficiency with Office 365 and Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016R2, Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, DFS, DHCP.
- Hands on experience and knowledge of HP Server hardware.
- Proven experience with Box.com administrative interface, including advanced Box security tools, and end user support.
- Proven experience with RingCentral or Zoom Phone administrative interface and end user support.
- Hands on experience with Azure, Zendesk, Okta required.
- Working knowledge of Cisco Firewalls (CCNA certification desirable); Cisco Webex, Zoom and video-conferencing equipment (hardware and software).
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies, including VMWare vSphere and Citrix XenDesktop.
- Knowledge of enterprise wireless controller systems and monitoring, Powershell scripting required.
- Direct hands-on experience with Microsoft, Apple and Android Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure and wireless technologies (Meraki and/or Aruba).
- Knowledge of Mobile Device Management (AirWatch, Intune,..etc).
- Knowledge of API connectors such as Zapier or Workato.
- Knowledge of AWS is a plus.
- Experience with project Management Software is needed (Wrike, Trello, Basecamp) and integration with Salesforce is a plu
How To Apply:
Submit your (a) Resume and (b) Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (addressed to: Joy Alampay, Executive Director, Asia Society Philippine Foundation, Inc.). Indicate “Application: Systems Administrator & Desktop Support" on email subject line. Applications with incomplete requirements will not be accepted. No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your application as received unless your email bounced back.
Asia Society is an equal opportunity employer.
For any queries, don't hesitate to reach out to us through email at email@example.com