Asia Society Philippine Foundation Inc. is looking for:
Location: Manila, Philippines
Asia Society Philippine Foundation, Inc. aims to strengthen relationships, deepen understanding and bridge differences across the Philippines, Asia and the United States. As part of a global network of 14 Asia Society centers in Asia and the West, we develop cross-sector programs that bring people together as we navigate shared futures for Asia and the world across policy, arts and culture, education, sustainability, business, and technology.
CONTEXT AND PURPOSE:
In the upcoming year, Asia Society Philippines is looking to launch new program initiatives as part of its ongoing efforts to position itself as the ASEAN-focused center with a development-oriented trajectory, and we are searching for a Program Associate to help shepherd exciting activities and potential collaborations that we are anticipating in 2024.
The Program Associate has a key role in coordinating and working with the program manager in all aspects of development, coordination, implementation, marketing, and communications of assigned projects and programs to fulfill the strategic directions of the center.
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
Lead the programming, coordination, and project implementation activities such as:
- Research activities and initial drafting of program concept notes and proposals in coordination with the program manager to fulfill the objectives of ASPF related to programming and fundraising;
- Implementation of day-to-day programming tasks (Conception and Program Ideation, Coordination and Logistics, Preparation of Program-related Materials, and Post-Program Activities) to ensure smooth and timely execution of assigned projects and activities, including conferences, special events, and other public programs among others;
- Mapping partnership network and maintaining the relevant databases to the center for marketing, communications, membership, and partnership purposes;
- Coordination, administrative work, and logistics of other special projects and activities for membership and the center’s products or merchandise;
- Coordination and maintaining good relationship with project consultants, suppliers, and project partners; and
- Other relevant tasks as directed by the Program Manager, Executive Director, or as instructed by the ASPF leadership.
Provide support and assistance to the Program Manager and Executive Director in:
- Overseeing operations in the Philippine Center by providing programming and administrative support in relation to project planning, design and implementation;
- Project monitoring and evaluation and review of ongoing and future projects, as needed;
- Attending public events, meetings, and partnership activities for Asia Society as assigned by the program manager; and
- Influencing activities to strengthen the Center's presence and branding through the ideation and/or creation of graphics, writeups, and other knowledge products all in line with the ASP brand, and the handling of the Asia Society Philippines website and social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and TikTok).
Initiate conversations regarding:
- Prospective donors such as individuals, foundations and corporate donors, flagging opportunities for partnership to the program manager and Executive Director;
- Potential project consultants;
- Possible projects, programs, membership, and influencing activities aligned with the priorities of the Center; and
- Staff development and organization building activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field;
- Preferably with corporate or development sector experience, with at least 2 years in project management, business development, and strategy;
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work successfully with diverse constituencies, including corporations, government, embassies, NGOs, academic institutions, and media;
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, and able to manage multiple tasks;
- Creative and entrepreneurial spirit with a high degree of confidence and ability to exercise independent judgment and problem-solving;
- Highly motivated, driven, eager to learn, and appreciative of constructive feedback and mentoring;
- Able to perform well independently and with a team;
- Interest and background in Asian and international affairs (ideal);
- Good verbal, written, and overall communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with basic background of Adobe suite, Canva, and/or other graphic design/illustration/visualization applications/software (ideal)
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit your (a) Resume and (b) Cover Letter addressed to:
Marco Antonio Luisito V. Sardillo III
Asia Society Philippine Foundation, Inc.
- Indicate “Application: Program Associate” on the email subject line.
- Include the contact information (e-mail and mobile number) of 2 to 3 professional references in your resume
- Please include the following in your cover letter: work experience and background that fits the role, why you are interested to apply, and your salary expectation (range).
- Applications with incomplete requirements will not be accepted.
- Please direct all relevant questions/clarifications concerning this job description to email@example.com. No phone calls, please
- Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your application as received unless your email bounced back.
- ASPF reserves the right to request further requirements or information from candidates (including, but not limited to additional professional references, etc.), at any juncture of the recruitment process.
EMPLOYEE RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
Publication of Job vacancy:
- After the job description is published to the Asia Society Philippines website and shared on the company’s social channels, interested applicants must submit the complete application requirements within a two-week time frame or until December 20, 2023 (Wednesday).
Screening and shortlisting of candidates:
- Applications received after the posting will be thoroughly reviewed and assessed by the hiring personnel, with the comprehensive evaluation focusing on the candidates' alignment with the Foundation's objectives, considering education, work experience, technical skills, and other relevant criteria.
> Candidate Selection and Initial Interviews:
- Following a comprehensive review of applications, selected candidates will receive a notification via e-mail for the schedule of their initial interviews within three days after the submission of their application. Initial interviews will be conducted through online platforms.
- After the initial interview, shortlisted candidates will be contacted for subsequent interviews.
> Final Interview with the Executive Director:
- After the initial interview, candidates who advance will undergo a conclusive evaluation in an interview with the Executive Director, whether conducted in person or through an online platform. This final stage is scheduled 2 to 3 days after the shortlisting from the initial interview, ensuring a comprehensive and conclusive assessment before final decisions are made.
- The culmination of the interview process leads to team deliberations and the issuance of a well-considered job offer to the selected candidate.
- Upon acceptance of the job offer, the finalized employment contract will be prepared and sent to the new employee via email for their review and signature.
- The target start date for the employee is early January 2024.
Asia Society Philippines is an equal-opportunity employer.