ASHK Members’ Guided Tour: Secret Garden — Concept by Kingsley Ng and Stephanie CheungVIEW EVENT DETAILS
Start of Tour 5:30pm
End of Program 6:10pm
Across three floors, Secret Garden is an immersive orchestration of scenographic installations, light, and sound in the former Victoria Barracks, to be set in motion by a wandering audience.
In 1978, while politicians were debating the future of the Barracks, three children discovered a secret garden and wished to keep it forever. One day, the parted and promised to return on the last night.
An experiential urban sanctuary, Secret Garden explore the notion of healing like its intertextual references — the eponymous Victorian novel by Frances Hodgson Burnett and the phenomenal coloring book by Johanna Basford. Following the footsteps of the three protagonists, across three distinct times in the same space, the audience open doors to what they have lost and found in time.
Important Remarks to Read before Registration:
- The experience lasts for around 40 minutes.
- Suitable for aged 9 or above. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- Admission by pre-registration with confirmation only. No walk-in or stand-by places available
- Participants will walk around Hong Kong Visual Arts Centre. There are stairs on the route. People who need assistance in walking may wish to have a companion to help him around the route.
- Some areas are dimly lit. People with night blindness are not recommended to join this tour.
To make the experience enjoyable for all, please note the followings during the journey:
- Please keep quiet
- Do not use your mobile phones
- Do not take photos or videos
- Please follow your guide and do not leave the group
- Please arrive at the reception by 5:15pm for registration
Latecomers will not be admitted once the journey commences
More information of Secret Garden can be found here.
Meeting Point: Exhibition Hall, Hong Kong Visual Arts Centre, 7A Kennedy Rd, Mid-level