Our Generation Asia strategic pillar is our commitment to spotlighting younger voices across public, business and government debate and engagement on Asia, recognising youth as a key driver of Australia’s future success in the region. Through this work we seek to reimagine Asia literacy and empower the next generation of Australian leaders and young professionals to stay interested and engaged with the region, amidst closed borders, geopolitical tensions and economic upheavals.
- Asia literacy on the decline due to pandemic, policy apathy, regional tensions, travel immobility
- The next generation will be most adversely affected by these challenges
- Through digital transformation, demographic changes and accelerating global interconnectivity there also exists significant potential for inspiring new solutions to improve our Asia capabilities among our younger generations. Asia Society Australia can play a role in developing these solutions
Our Generation Asia work comprises of three major components:
1. Member Platform: Our Gen A tier of membership allows early career professionals from our member organisatons to also exclusive gain access to everything that we do! We also have a secret linkedingroup for fun updates, opportunities, and an informal way to get to know other members in the network.
2. Program Stream: Quarterly Gen A-led public sessions plus our annual Generation Asia Young Leaders Forum.
3. Research: In 2022 we published a major research piece mapping the challenges and opportunities facing Asia-engaged young Australians. In 2023 we're taking our 10 recommendations on the road and engaging our community to take action using our research as a conversation starter, a platform for new policies, and a data-informed handbook when someone wants to understand 'the lay of the land' when it comes to Asia literacy and engagement for those 18-35.