Careers at Asia Society Australia
Associate Director, Finance & Operations
Position: Associate Director, Finance & Operations
Work type: Part-time – 3 days (Flexible)
Start date: As soon as possible
Exciting opportunity awaits passionate Finance and Operations manager to take full ownership of the financial and operational management of Asia Society Australia. We offer flexibility, supportive team environment, competitive remuneration and opportunities for growth.
For over 60 years globally and 20 years in Australia, Asia Society has been building bridges of understanding between Asia, Australia and the United States across business, policy, education and the arts. Asia Society Australia is Australia’s leading national centre for engagement with Asia, with a centre in Melbourne and an office in Sydney. We are a not-for-profit, non-governmental and non-political organisation empowered by leading Australian and regional business, government, education and cultural institutions. Asia Society Australia is a centre of Asia Society – a preeminent global non-profit organisation dedicated to Asia, founded in 1956 by John D. Rockefeller 3rd, with centres in New York, Hong Kong, Houston, Los Angeles, Manila, Melbourne, Mumbai, San Francisco, Seoul, Sydney, Tokyo, Washington, DC and Zurich.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, we are seeking a proactive accounting specialist with proven experience and expertise in financial management of an SME or not for profit organisation. Together, with an experienced Administration Assistant, you will set and deliver the strategic financial and operational direction of the growing and dynamic business.
- Manage accurate and complete recording of all business transactions
- Prepare the month end accounting process and reconciliations
- Prepare Payroll, PAYG, BAS and FBT returns
- Quarterly financial reporting by office including financial performance commentary
- Budgeting, cashflow forecasting and variance analysis
- Co-ordination of annual external audit
- Develop and manage internal office operations, including membership process, database integrity, general administration, and support services
- Continue to identify process improvements / system upgrades
What We Need:
- Min 7 years+ experience in financial management of SME or not-for-profit
- Bachelor degree or higher in Accounting with CA /CPA desirable.
- Expert and recent experience in Xero, especially tracking categories
- Advanced skills in financial analysis and problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and an ability to adapt to new systems
- Interest and/or experience in Asia desirable
What We Offer:
- Attractive salary package including salary packaging and staff benefits
- Flexible working hours/location in a supportive, fun, small team environment
- Career growth, on-going training, and professional development plan
- Purpose-driven, respected global organisation
Apply now by e-mailing your CV and a cover letter detailing why you are the ideal candidate to Philipp Ivanov, CEO, Asia Society Australia at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
No recruitment agencies please.
Interested in interning with us?
Asia Society Australia offers a dynamic and competitive internship program for final year or Masters students studying arts, communications, international studies, event management, or related fields.
Our internship program is designed to provide practical vocational experience, training, and opportunities to research, plan and participate in our world-class events and programs.
Internship periods traditionally run for 5 months with two intakes per year. Interns work 1-2 days per week in Sydney, Melbourne or virtually. Applications open in January and May each year. This program attracts a large number of outstanding candidates and is highly competitive.
Applications are currently closed. Be sure to check back here for updates or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram @AsiaSocietyAus.