2021 Future of Education Summit: Teaching for Global UnderstandingVIEW EVENT DETAILS
Teaching for Global Understanding for K-12 Grade Teachers
The Asia Society Future of Education Summit: Teaching for Global Understanding will take place over two days virtually on Thursday, July 29 - Friday, July 30 from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Pacific each day. The Education Summit gives K-12 teachers tools and resources from knowledgeable experts, institutions and businesses about global competency and the future of education. Uniquely qualified speakers will lead sessions on preparing the next generation of global leaders, new technological advances in education across countries, contemporary Asia, understanding and navigating Asia, and U.S.-Asia topics. Teachers can opt to receive 1.2 Continuing Education Units (CEU) from San Francisco State University’s College of Extended Learning by attending the Education Summit.
Confirmed speakers and sessions include:
- The History of Anti-Asian Violence and its Connection to the Present with Gordon Chang, Senior Associate Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and the Olive H. Palmer Professor in Humanities, Stanford University
- The Changes We Need: Education Post COVID-19 with Yong Zhao, Foundation Distinguished Professor in the School of Education at the University of Kansas and Professor in Educational Leadership at the Melbourne Graduate School of Education in Australia moderated by Milton Chen, Senior Fellow and Executive Director, Emeritus at The George Lucas Educational Foundation (GLEF)
- The U.S. and China Over Time: How to Build Respect and Understanding with Ken Wilcox, Asia Society Northern California
- Rural China’s Most Severe Epidemic: Depression, Anxiety and Stress and New Ways to Foster Resilience in School, Home and Community with Scott Rozelle, Senior Fellow at the Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies, Manpreet Singh, Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital, Dr. Xin She, Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital and Dr. Huan Wang, Research Scholar at Stanford University, moderated by Xin Liu, Advisory Board Member, Stanford PACS
- Future Global Leaders with the Afghan Girls Robotics Team, Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia 2021 and Mina Fedor, Founder of AAPI Youth Rising
- Asia Society Center for Global Education with Neelam Chowdhary, Executive Director of Global Learning Programs and Heather Singmaster, Director for Career Technical Education and Global Cities Education Network
- Stanford Program on International and Cross-Cultural Education (SPICE)
The Summit will take place virtually via Zoom and consist of two days of speaker presentations, Q&A opportunities, interactive opportunities for teachers, and sessions for developing ideas on how contemporary Asia, global competency, and technological advancement in education can be integrated into standard K-12 grade classrooms. Teachers will have the chance to network and exchange ideas with each other and speakers while online.
Watch videos from our 2020 Teachers Workshop: https://asiasociety.org/northern-california/2020-teachers-workshop-technology-humanity
Registration is complimentary and open to the global community. Attendees outside of the education community are welcome to attend the Summit.
Asia Society Northern California members in attendance will be automatically entered into a sweepstakes to receive Southwest Airlines flight e-passes, good for use until July 2022. Winners will be selected by a random drawing and will be announced live during the 2021 Education Summit. All winners will be emailed their unique e-pass codes after the Summit concludes.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE in the Southwest Airlines E-Pass Sweepstakes.
Date: Thursday, June 29, 2021 and Friday, July 30, 2021
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Pacific each day
Check the event webpage for agenda details and speaker updates:
Link to join virtually via Zoom will be emailed the day before and an hour before the program is scheduled to begin by Rexille Uy, Director of Programs (email@example.com). This will be a webinar program; attendees will not appear on camera and will participate via the Q&A box.
For event details visit https://asiasociety.org/northern-california/events/2021-future-education-summit-teaching-global-understanding For event details visit https://asiasociety.org/northern-california/events/2021-future-education-summit-teaching-global-understanding