How Leaders are Shaping the Next Generation of TechnologyVIEW EVENT DETAILS
We find ourselves in a transformative era marked by the emergence of groundbreaking technologies such as cryptocurrencies, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and the revolutionary concept of Web3. These technological advancements are poised to reshape the very fabric of our existence, altering how we live and interact with one another. In the face of rapid technological innovations, leaders and institutions across various industries are confronted with the question: “how can we adapt to these new technologies and what measures should be or are currently in place to regulate and harness the potential of these innovations?”
Asia Society Southern California is proud to announce our upcoming event, which serves as a spotlight for prominent figures within the tech industry and centers on the realm of technology and innovation. Set to take place on November 8, our event promises an engaging afternoon of insightful panel discussions featuring distinguished speakers.
Our panel discussions will traverse an array of captivating topics, including an exploration of the primary beneficiaries in the race towards AI supremacy, an examination of the profound influence of technology within the gaming and entertainment industries, and an analysis of strategic investments made by venture capitalists and investors within this ever-evolving tech landscape. The program will feature two Asian Women Empowered Initiative (AWE) panels exploring the tech lifecycle from founding, exiting, to investing in the next generation of women founders. The vanguard group will discuss key topics on how their visions and investment game plans have positive impact on the future of women leaders in the tech industry.
Join us as we delve into the dynamic realm of technology and gain invaluable insights from industry pioneers, visionary founders, and astute funders who are leading the charge in innovation. Don't miss the opportunity to connect with the visionaries who are actively shaping the future of technology on a global scale.
Wednesday, November 8, 2023
3:30 p.m. Registration
4:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Panels and Reception
AI & Ethics: In Entertainment and Beyond
- Lake Dai, Founder & Managing Partner, Sancus Ventures; Adjunct Professor, Applied AI, Carnegie Mellon University
- Ted Li, Associate Director, AI - Second Dinner
- Chris Mattmann, International Expert in AI and Machine Learning
- Jessica Tams, Independent Director, Atari
- Stephen Saltzman, Head of International Entertainment Group, Media, Fieldfisher (Moderator)
AWE: How to Change the Game and Invest for Impact
- Holly Liu, Co-Founder & Managing Partner, PKO Investments
- Nadia Lee, Founder and CEO, KOLLECTIN
- Kat Mañalac, Managing Outreach Officer, Y Combinator
- Fan Shen, CEO, Private Family Office, Investor
- Katie Soo, Chief Business Officer, DICE (Moderator)
Founders Spotlight: What Happens When You Play to Win
Presented by East West Bank
- Patrick Lee, Co-Founder and founding CEO, Rotten Tomatoes
- Rebecca Liao, Co-Founder and CEO, Saga
- Alex Zhou, Founder & CEO, Yami
- Joe Zhu, CEO & Founder, Zenlayer
- Bennett Pozil, Executive Vice President, Head of Corporate Banking, East West Bank (Moderator)
Get your tickets by becoming a Sponsor. Click here to inquire about sponsorship opportunities.
Confirmed Speakers and Moderators
With Support from