2022 U.S.-Asia Entertainment SummitVIEW EVENT DETAILS
Entertainment Game Changer Awards Dinner
We are excited to announce that the 13th Annual U.S.-Asia Entertainment Summit will be held on Sunday, Oct. 30, at Skirball Cultural Center. This prestigious event is chaired by Janet Yang, whom we congratulate on her historic election for the role of President of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Entertainment Game Changers:
- Bowen Yang, the first Chinese American cast member of Saturday Night Live for which he has been nominated for multiple Emmys, actor in Awkwafina is Nora from Queens and Fire Island
- Sherry Cola, Comedian, actor, and writer, known for Good Trouble and Turning Red
- Ms. Marvel, the creative talent behind Marvel’s first Muslim and South East Asian superhero coming to life on screen
- 88rising, hybrid management, record label, video production, and marketing company that showcases a community of talented Asian artists including Indonesian rapper Rich Brian, Korean singer BIBI, Japanese singer Joji and more
- Director duo the Daniels (Daniel Kwan & Daniel Scheinert) and Producer Jonathan Wang of A24’s Everything Everywhere All at Once
- Park Chan-wook, Director of Decision to Leave, South Korea's 2023 Oscar submission for Best International Feature
- Jimmy O. Yang Comedian, actor, writer, and producer, known for Silicon Valley, Crazy Rich Asians, Space Force, and Love Hard
- Janet Yang, who will receive the “Career Achievement Award,” for her many accomplishments including her recent election to President of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
We also have an exciting lineup of speakers at the event:
- Andrew Ahn, Director, Fire Island
- Randy Ahn, Head of Subscriptions, Roku
- Jessica Gao, Showrunner, She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
- Jason Kwong, Chief Innovation Officer, Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment
- Georgia Lee, Showrunner, Partner Track
- Rebecca Liao, Co-Founder and CEO, Saga
- Adele Lim, Screenwriter, Raya and the Last Dragon
- Domee Shi, Director, Turning Red
- Tina Trankiem, Global Media Partnership, Meta
- Janet Wu, Director, Film, Animation – Content, Netflix
- Alan Yang, Showrunner, Master of None
We continue to enhance our signature program, the most prestigious gathering of dealmakers, thought leaders and content creators in American and Asian entertainment. Founded in 2010, the Summit created a forum for Hollywood and Chinese filmmakers to discuss collaboration. Now in its 13th year, we are expanding the focus to encompass trends and forces transforming entertainment – across all of Asia and beyond film to digital content, music and gaming. The change reflects the evolution of digital technologies and the growing impact of content from Korea, India and Japan, among others, throughout Asia and in the United States. In addition, this year we continue to spotlight the global Asia Society’s highest honor 'Entertainment Game Changers' at the Summit.
1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
6 p.m. Reception
7:00 to 9:00 p.m. Dinner
For Sponsors Only
Stay tuned for 2022 U.S.-Asia Entertainment Summit and Game Changer Awards Dinner. If you're interested in a sponsorship, please contact Li Huang LHuang@asiasociety.org for information to purchase a table.
Skirball Cultural Center
2701 North Sepulveda Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90049