Building Trade Ties with Japan’s Emerging Female Leaders
The Asia Society Policy Institute (ASPI) is pleased to launch the next iteration of its training program for female professionals from Japan, under the rubric of our broader initiative, “Building Trade Ties with Asia’s Emerging Female Leaders.” The year of 2024 will mark the program’s first in-person implementation, further adding to its significance. Selected participants, who are rising in the field of trade, business, public policy or academia will embark on a journey to the U.S., engaging in briefings, workshops, and networking events for a week. This program aims to deepen their understanding of how U.S. trade and economic policies are developed; discuss challenges associated with economic security, climate, and technology matters; enhance their negotiation abilities; and develop skills to advance in their careers.
With the generous support of the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, ASPI will be holding this program in person, tentatively scheduled for February 12th – 16th 2024. It will include an intensive week-long program in the U.S., featuring workshops and briefings in Washington D.C. and New York City. The program will cover travel and related expenses, including round-trip economy airfare from Tokyo to the U.S., domestic travel within the U.S., lodging, local transport, and some group meals during sessions.
- Nationality: Must be a Japanese national
- Age: At 45 or under (to be eligible, candidate must be born in or after 1979)
- Language Skills: Fluent in English
- Professional Experience: Women working outside of government with leadership potential, in the field of trade, business or public policy, as well as academics working in these subject areas
Application Timeline (tentative)
- Application Window Opens – November 17, 2023
- Deadline for Application Submissions – December 22, 2023
- Candidates Selected and Notified – Early January 2024
*Please note this timeline is subject to change.
Application Process and Materials
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com with the subject line “Full Name_Japan’s Emerging Female Leaders Application.”
Applications should include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Statement of Interest: One-page explanation of why the applicant is interested in the program, what they hope to gain from participation, how they will contribute to the success of the program, and how participation aligns with their career goals.
- One Letter of Recommendation
To inquire about the program or submit an application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.