POSITION: Programme Development Intern
The Programme Development Intern will assist the Asia Society India Centre Programming team in researching current local and global trends to develop relevant content, topics and speakers for events in Mumbai and across India. Additionally, the Programme Intern will assist in all aspects of event execution including marketing communications, social media, and logistics. The Programme Development Intern will gain a working knowledge of Indian business, policy, art and culture across a variety of perspectives.
The intern will have the opportunity to interact with local and global leaders who span the academic, business, and artistic world. The intern will learn the process of programme development, from the early stages of creative idea generation, to identifying key players and target audience, to organizing and hosting a meaningful event. The intern will be a critical member of a dynamic, multicultural team, and have a voice in shaping the Asia Society India Centre.
- The responsibilities of the Programme Development Intern will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in developing and curating timely and relevant programmes that are strategically aligned with Asia Society’s broader institutional goals
- Maintaining Asia Society’s web presence, including institutional calendar, social media, pre- and post-event summaries and video highlights
- Identifying potential speakers and thought leaders from the Asia-Pacific region
- Assisting in communicating and networking with institutions, professionals and interfacing with prospective partners
- Produce engaging content (written, graphic, and video) and promote ASIC’s programmes on digital handles.
- Help increase audience engagement on social media handles and analyze monthly audience interaction report.
- Assisting in identifying funding opportunities and drafting series proposals.
The applicant must possess:
- Master’s degree or currently enrolled in a post-graduate course with a social science background, preferably economics, policy or political science
- The ability to work independently, while concurrently functioning as a member of the programme team
- Detail-oriented administrative capabilities
- The ability to undertake diverse tasks and work on multiple projects concurrently
- A demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of current political, economic, and cultural policies and developments in the countries of the Asian region
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Comfortable to work in a multi-cultural, fast-paced environment.
- Functional knowledge of social media practices, and the interest in the digital medium.
- Strong written and communication skills, knowledge of photo-editing platforms and web designing tools will be preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applicants are requested to email us at email@example.com with a cover letter and an updated resume with the subject line ‘Application for the post of Programme Development Intern’.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those candidates selected for interviews. No phone calls, please.