The Future of Carbon Markets in Major Asian EconomiesVIEW EVENT DETAILS
On the sidelines of the COP24 summit in Katowice, Poland, Asia Society Policy Institute (ASPI) in partnership with the International Emissions Trading Association (IETA) and the Japan Foundation Center for Global Partnership (CGP), is pleased to convene a roundtable on the future of carbon markets in major Asian economies.
Major Asian economies contribute roughly half of total global emissions; a share that is likely to increase as large South and Southeast Asian countries continue to develop. Carbon markets can be fundamental tools for enabling such development without rapid emissions growth, but they must be prioritized politically and deployed effectively. Given growing environmental and economic connectivity in Asia, countries at varied stages of development would also benefit from mitigation cooperation to yield offset credits and from exploring targeted market links across borders. This session will explore these issues while presenting the current state-of-affairs on carbon market trends in the Asia Pacific.
Please note a reception will follow the discussion.
For questions about this event, please contact us here.
- Yuji Mizuno, Director of Climate and Energy Area, IGES
- Duan Maosheng, Professor, Tsinghua University & Director, China Carbon Market Center (CCMC)
- Stefano de Clara, Director, International Policy, IETA
- Seoyoung Lim, Department of Climate Action, Korea Environment Corporation
- Jackson Ewing (Moderator), Senior Advisor, Asia Society Policy Institute & Senior Fellow, Duke University Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions
This roundtable is presented in partnership with the IETA and is supported by the Japan Foundation.
IETA BusinessHub Side Event Room
COP24, Katowice, Poland
A reception will follow.
For questions about the event, please contact us here.
For event details visit https://asiasociety.org/policy-institute/events/future-carbon-markets-major-asian-economies IETA BusinessHub Side Event Room COP24, Katowice, Poland A reception will follow. For questions about the event, please contact us here.