Global CTE Classroom Projects
Global CTE Toolkit
Original Projects/Instructional Tasks
These globally focused projects, written by CTE educators and aligned to the Common Core by ELA, math, and science educators, can be used as standalone projects in one CTE classroom or can be combined by multiple CTE educators in a building. These projects are based around four themes and contain the lesson plans, assessment information, and auxiliary materials an educator needs for implementation. Listed below are the four themes and the projects contained in each (listed by cluster/pathway).
Clean Energy: Solar or Wind
- Building Trades/Architecture
- Health Sciences
- Family Consumer Science
Additional projects and ideas
Links to other global projects:
- Global CTE Crosswalks – These crosswalks of CTE standards by cluster area also contain ideas of globally focused projects.
- MBA Research
- Global Trade and Logistics Curriculum from The Deputy Sector Navigator in California.
- Center for Innovation in Science and Engineering Education has global projects for K-12 and they include global classroom connections.
Project Planning Template
Use this blank project planning template to plan your own global CTE project! (Can be used on your own, or in conjunction with Module 2 of the Global CTE PD Course).
- Career-Technical Education for Mixed Ability Classrooms
- Culturally Responsive Differentiated Instructional Strategies
- ASCD Differentiated Instruction Resources
- Virginia’s CTE Resource Center List of differentiation resources for CTE
Take the Course
Enroll in the free course, Global Competency Through CTE
Global CTE Toolkit
This is part of the Center for Global Education's Global CTE Toolkit, which provides professional development, tools, and resources to help CTE educators integrate global competence into their curriculum. Learn more »