CTE Standards Crosswalked to Global Competence
Global CTE Toolkit
The Common Career Technical Core is a common set of CTE standards created for each of Advance CTE’s 16 Career Cluster areas. This document crosswalks each of the 16 career clusters with the four domains of global competence, demonstrating the clear alignment between global education and CTE. Each crosswalk is also filled with ideas of global projects that can support the standards taught in each of the career pathways.
This toolkit provides resources, including: sample projects ready to be used in CTE classrooms, global career planning resources, workforce readiness rubrics, crosswalks of global education and CTE standards, global career profile videos, talking points, and more.
CTE Standards, Crosswalks, and Rubrics
- Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources
- Architecture and Construction
- Arts, A/V Technology, and Communications
- Business Management and Administration
- Education and Training
- Government and Public Administration
- Health Science
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections, and Security
- Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics
Global Career Ready Practices: A look at the global aspects of the Career Ready Practices developed by Advance CTE: State Leaders Connecting Learning to Work and 42 states.
Employability Skills Feedback Form: This form can help CTE educators develop in their students the global 21st century skills required by today’s employers.
Links to Additional Employability Skills Frameworks
- MHA Labs Feedback Form/Checklist (download their toolkit and look in the MHA Labs 21st Century Skills Worksheets folder)
- US Department of Education Employability Skills Framework
Global CTE Toolkit
This is part of the Center for Global Education's Global CTE Toolkit, which provides professional development, tools, and resources to help CTE educators integrate global competence into their curriculum. Learn more »