NCLC Code of Conduct
NCLC is a community of passionate Chinese language teachers and education leaders. You are shaping the future of Chinese language education, innovating in the field and in the classroom, and cultivating the next generation of multilingual, young leaders. So, with that said, we don’t expect anyone to engage in bad behavior during the conference, but we have to clearly outline the NCLC Code of Conduct.
NCLC is committed to being inclusive. NCLC provides a safe, friendly, and welcoming environment for all people, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, socioeconomic status, ethnicity, nationality, and religion. So, basically, everyone.
The following Code of Conduct outlines our expectations for all NCLC event attendees.
The following behaviors are expected and required of all community members:
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable:
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability
- Unwelcome sexual attention—this includes sexualized comments or jokes and unwelcome sexual advances
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes, commentary, and language
- Displaying sexually explicit or violent material
- Damaging any NCLC or Asia Society digital property
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior from any member of the community, regardless of status or position, will not be tolerated.
Anyone violating our Code of Conduct will be asked by an NCLC organizer to stop. If the behavior continues, you will be kicked out of the conference.
Post Your Own Stuff
Never post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. Also, do not post anything related to stealing someone’s intellectual property or breaking the law in general. Sharing links to resources available online is appropriate.
If you are subject to—or a witness to—unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns at any time about behaviors or activity within the NCLC community, please notify an NCLC organizer as soon as possible. NCLC organizers will be identifiable in the live event chat and you can direct message them at any time during conference hours. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We must protect ourselves—and, by extension, you and your data—against hackers and other nefarious people. Please review our Website Privacy Statement: https://asiasociety.org/about/web-site-privacy-statement.
The Statement describes how the Asia Society collects and uses information from our Sites’ visitors and the principles we apply when we collect personal data from you through any channel.