[Postponed] Tokyo University of Arts Toride Campus Tour (Members only)VIEW EVENT DETAILS
In Collaboration with Asian Cultural Council (ACC)
May 30, 2021
Due to the extension of State of Emergency in Tokyo, we have decided to postpone this special tour. Once we have determined the new dates, we will let you know.
In collaboration with Asian Cultural Council (ACC, another Rockefeller institution), the Arts Committee have arranged a visit to the Tokyo University of the Arts’ (Tokyo Geidai) vast campus in Toride, Ibaragi Prefecture. Unlike their main campus in Ueno, the 40 acres campus is surrounded by nature. The campus has a museum, art storage space, and large-scale studios for metal works, ceramic, glass, paper, woodworks, plaster works, etc.
WIP (Work in Progress) Exhibition is also in session during our visit. The Inter-Media Arts Department’s 4th year undergraduate and graduate student’s works will be on show.
It is a unique opportunity to see students at work as well as getting to know ACC members. Seats are limited, so please register early! Like other trips, up to 1 family member or friends are welcome.
Participation fee & itinerary
- Participation fee: about JPY6,000 - 8,000 (bus costs)
- Toride is about 70-90 min from Roppongi. Our plan is to hire a bus to get to the Toride campus. We will have lunch at the cafeteria where they grow their own vegetables or source from local farmers. The daily prefixed lunch is all made onsite.
- 8am: Meet at I-House and bus will take us to Toride (75-80 min)
- 9:30am: Start at Museum for campus overview. View professors' works created for the campus
- 10am: Visit studios – ceramics and other studios
- 11:30am: Lunch at their cafeteria with organic vegetables
- 12:45pm: Free time to see the WIP exhibition
- 2pm: Leave campus and return to Tokyo
Tokyo University of Arts Toride Campus
For event details visit https://asiasociety.org/japan/events/postponed-tokyo-university-arts-toride-campus-tour-members-only Tokyo University of Arts Toride Campus