Internships at Asia Society Philippines are open to all undergraduate students and young professionals with a demonstrated interest in at least one of our major initiatives in: Business, Policy, Education, Leadership and Arts & Culture. Interns will be given the opportunity to realize their potential and their contribution to be recognized. Likewise, we encourage our volunteers to participate in various types of activities, depending on their knowledge, interest and availability. The minimum requirement for internship is 150 hours to ensure the intern's proper learning and immersion to Asia Society's programs.
As a non-profit organization, we do not offer compensations to our volunteers/interns.
Internship opportunities are open throughout the year until filled. Submit your application today!
We welcome exceptional applicants in the following categories:
Data Analyst Intern - Minimum 3 months (Open)
Interns under this category will assist in report writing and maintenance of the Database Systems. This critical position will help create various methods to maintain high quality data; and provide expertise to manage, design and implement reports based on needs.
- Data entry;
- Analyze and problem solve issues with the current system as they relate to the integration and management of membership and networking data;
- Provide basic change control management and assist with developing reports;
- Assist with employee training;
- Background in the management of information systems, database management in the job related field;
- Relational Database knowledge is helpful;
- Experience working with CRM software or NetSuite is preferred;
- Experience with creating and maintaining technical documentation;
- Good working knowledge/skills with Microsoft Office; Excellent Microsoft Excel skills;
- Data entry skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing responsibilities;
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and the highest ethical standards are expected;
Graphic Design Intern (Open)
Interns under this category will help design graphic for events, copyedit and publish ENews content, edit and upload videos, report on events, craft blog posts and help establish the social content for all social media accounts of Asia Philippines.
- Develop graphic content for program marketing materials (i.e. logos, program layout, social media content, etc.);
- Assist in the management of all social media accounts of Asia Philippines;
- Develop content for the monthly E-Newsletter;
- Develop social media campaigns to generate crowd-sourced stories;
- Maintain and expand social media platforms;
- Help measure the impact of social media on the overall marketing efforts of the organization;
- Create a social media marketing strategy to increase the organizations’ visibility;
- Research on new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities;
- Develop videos, promotional materials and social media content;
- Handle special projects involving interviews with leaders;
- Assist in other ASPF programs and events;
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and graphic design;
- Strong photo, video and audio editing skills, with skills in Final Cut Pro, iMovie and Sony Vegas (or any video editing software) a plus.
- Proficiency in social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc);
- Strong and fast writing skills;
- Strong news judgment;
- Ability to work under pressure/time constraints.
- Good organization skills and ability to work independently required;
- Knowledge of Asia;
- Open-minded, creative, initiative, team-player.
Program Management Intern (Open)
Interns under this category will help the Program officers implement their programs and projects for Asia Society Philippines.
- Assist in the overall logistical planning of Asia Society Philippine projects and events;
- Assist with all aspects of program development;
- Research program topics and speakers;
- Coordinate and follow-up with media partners and sponsors;
- Providing logistical support at public events;
- Assist with communications and marketing activities;
- Help with fundraising activities, including updating donor databases;
- Spearhead a specific project for Asia Society Philippines under the supervision of one of its Program Officers;
- Have an interest in Asian affairs, particularly in the areas of business, leadership, policy, education and arts & culture;
- Have strong command of written and spoken English;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Strong interest in programming and fundraising in the non-profit sector;
- Knowledge of or experience working on a variety of social, cultural, economic, and political issues related to Asia, U.S.-Asia relations, and Asian Americans;
- Solid research, writing, and editing skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Reliable self-starter and problem-solver who is able to work independently to meet tight deadlines;
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment;
Kindly submit your updated CV to: [email protected]
*Communications interns are encouraged to provide sample of their works (weblinks, posters, videos, etc).
*Your subject title must indicate the internship position/category you are applying for.
For each position listed, please refer to the contact information provided in the posting. No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. If you submit your resume by email, please regard it as having been received unless your email bounced back.
The Asia Society is an equal-opportunity organization.