The Programme Officer assists Programme Staff with the programmatic and administrative aspects of developing the Centres’ initiatives across business, policy, social issues, and arts and culture.
The responsibilities of the Programme Officer will include but are not limited to:
- Developing suitable and relevant programming areas that are strategically aligned with Asia Society’s broader institutional goals
- Communicating and networking with institutions, professionals and interfacing with prospective partners
- Assisting in the Centre’s public relations and communications work and Drafting Funding Proposals
The applicant must possess:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics, business, international affairs, or the arts
- Six to ten years professional work experience preferably in program development and/or administration or in the field of business, policy, or arts and culture
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English; the ability to work independently and take initiative, but also function as a member of a programme team
- Detail-oriented administrative capabilities; the ability to undertake diverse tasks and work on multiple projects concurrently in highly-paced environment
- A demonstrated commitment and knowledge of current political, economic, and cultural policies and developments in the countries of the Asian region
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
How to apply:
Email [email protected] in a PDF or Word File, with the subject line ASIC Programme Officer:
- A cover letter, indicating your interest and qualifications for the position
- A resume
- A writing sample (3-5 pp max)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the large volumes of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those candidates selected for interviews. Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email bounces back. No phone calls, please.
Thank you for your interest in working with Asia Society India Centre. Subscribe to eNews, our weekly email newsletter, and receive information on Asia Society programs and activities: AsiaSociety.org/eNews.
The Asia Society is an equal-opportunity employer.