Position: Programme Development Intern: Business, Policy & Culture
Description: The Programme Development Intern will assist the Asia Society India Centre Programming team in researching current local and global trends to develop relevant content, topics and speakers for events in Mumbai and across India. Additionally, the Programme Intern will assist in all aspects of event execution including marketing communications, social media, and logistics. The Programme Development Intern will gain a working knowledge of Indian business, policy, art and culture across a variety of perspectives. The Intern will have the opportunity to interact with local and global leaders who span the academic, business, and artistic world. The Intern will learn the process of programme development, from the early stages of creative idea generation, to identifying key players and target audience, to organizing and hosting a meaningful event. The Intern will be a critical member of a dynamic, multicultural team, and have a voice in shaping the Asia Society India Centre.
The responsibilities of the Programme Development Intern will include but are not limited to:
• Assisting in developing and curating timely and relevant programmes that are strategically aligned with Asia Society’s broader institutional goals
• Identifying potential speakers and thought leaders from the Asia-Pacific region
• Managing logistical arrangements on-site at programmes, developing budget iterations and archiving past programmes
• Assisting in communicating and networking with institutions, professionals and interfacing with prospective partners
• Maintaining Asia Society’s web presence, including institutional calendar, social media (Facebook & Twitter), pre and post event summaries and video highlights
• Assisting in identifying funding opportunities and drafting series proposals
The applicant must possess:
• Strong oral and written communications skills in English
• The ability to work independently, while concurrently functioning as a member of the Programme team
• Detail-oriented administrative capabilities
• The ability to undertake diverse tasks and work on multiple projects concurrently
• A demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of current political, economic, and cultural policies and developments in the countries of the Asian region
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Comfort working in a multi-cultural, fast paced environment.
How to Apply:
E-mail, in a PDF or Word file, with the subject line ASIC Programme Development Intern:
1) A cover letter, indicating your interest and qualifications for the position 2) a resume, and 3) a writing sample (3-5 pp. max), to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the large volume of
applications we receive, we are only able to contact those candidates selected for
interviews. No phone calls, please.
Thank you for your interest in working with Asia Society India Centre.
Asia Society is an equal-opportunity employer.