The Asia Society India Centre is seeking applicants for the position of Programme Assistant.
The Programme Assistant assists Programme Staff with the programmatic and administrative aspects of developing the Centres’ initiatives across business, policy, social issues, and arts and culture. The Programme Assistant will be based in Mumbai.
The responsibilities of the Programme Assistant will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in developing suitable and relevant programming areas that are strategically aligned with Asia Society’s broader institutional goals.
- Assisting in communicating and networking with institutions, professionals and interfacing with prospective partners.
- Assisting in the Centre’s public relations and communications work and• Assisting in drafting Funding Proposals.
The applicant must possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in economics, business, international affairs, or the arts.
- Minimum two years professional work experience preferably in program development and/or administration or in the field of business, policy, or arts and culture.
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English; the ability to work independently and take initiative, but also function as a member of a programme team.
- Detail-oriented administrative capabilities; the ability to undertake diverse tasks and work on multiple projects concurrently in highly-paced environment.
- A demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of current political, economic, and cultural policies and developments in the countries of the Asian region.
Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]. Please include Programme Assistant in the subject line.
Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back.
Thank you for your interest in working with Asia Society India Centre. Subscribe to eNews, our weekly email newsletter, and receive information on Asia Society programs and activities: AsiaSociety.org/eNews.
The Asia Society is an equal-opportunity employer.