The National Chinese Language Conference (NCLC) is dedicated to enhancing the nation’s capacity for the teaching and learning of Chinese language and culture by sharing cutting-edge practices and examples with educators and policymakers.
Download the Conference App Now!
Check out the conference's Plenary Sessions, 80+ breakout sessions focusing on various strands, exciting preconference workshops and preconference school visits to Chinese language and culture programs in the greater Chicago area. Join the conference to:
- Hear from thought leaders and visionaries in the field
- Choose from 80+ breakout sessions
- Browse diverse resources in the exhibit hall
- Network with educators in the field
- Enjoy fun cultural performances and activities
The National Chinese Language Conference (NCLC) provides a high–profile platform for sharing new ideas and best practices in the fields of Chinese language teaching and learning, Chinese arts and culture, and U.S.–China educational exchange. The ninth annual NCLC is organized by Asia Society and the College Board and will be held in Chicago, IL, April 28–30, 2016. The conference will focus on:
- building and sustaining quality Chinese programs at all levels of K–12 and higher education;
- cutting-edge approaches to teaching that incorporate culture, technology and collaborations; and
- best practices in the classroom leading to high levels of language proficiency and cultural competency.