Naked Among WolvesVIEW EVENT DETAILS
The 17th Hong Kong Jewish Film Festival
Buchenwald concentration camp, late March 1945. A three-year-old Jewish boy is smuggled into the camp in a suitcase. If reported, the three-year-old is sure to die. On the other hand, a violation of the rules of the camp would threaten the long prepared uprising of the concentration camp prisoners against the SS. The effort to hide the child and keep him alive becomes a metaphor for the struggle of the inmates to preserve their humanity.
This modern update of the classic 1958 novel by Bruno Apitz, which was translated into 30 languages and sold more than two million copies.
- 2016 Atlanta Jewish Film Festival: Audience Award – Best Narrative
- 2016 Atlanta Jewish Film Festival: Audience Award – Best Film
- 2015 Bavarian TV Award: Directing
- 2015 German Television Academy Award: Best Cinematography
- 2016 German Television Award: Best Movie Made for Television (Bester Fernsehfilm) Benjamin Benedict, Nico Hoffmann
- 2016 German Television Award: Best Movie Made for Miniseries (Bester Mehrteiler) Philipp Kadelbach (director)