Internships at Asia Society Philippines are open to all undergraduate students and young professionals with a demonstrated interest in at least one of our major initiatives in: Business, Policy, Education, Leadership and Arts & Culture. Interns will be given the opportunity to realize their potential and their contribution to be recognized. Likewise, we encourage our volunteers to participate in various types of activities, depending on their knowledge, interest and availability.
The minimum requirement for internship is 2 months to ensure the intern's proper leading and immersion to Asia Society Philippines' programs. As a non-profit organization, we do not offer compensation to our interns/volunteers.
Internship opportunities are open throughout the year until filled. Submit your application today!
We welcome exceptional applicants in the following categories:
Kindly submit your resume and cover letter to: ManilaHR@asiasociety.org
- Communications interns are encouraged to provide sample of their works (web links, posters, videos, etc).
- Your subject title must indicate the internship position/category you are applying for.
For each position listed, please refer to the contact information provided in the posting. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. If you submit your resume by email, please regard it as having been received unless your email bounced back.
The Asia Society is an equal-opportunity organization.
Program Management Intern
Interns under this category will help the Program officers implement their programs and projects for Asia Society Philippines.
- Assist in the overall logistical planning of Asia Society Philippine projects and events;
- Assist with all aspects of program development;
- Research program topics and speakers;
- Coordinate and follow-up with media partners and sponsors;
- Providing logistical support at public events;
- Assist with communications and marketing activities;
- Help with fundraising activities, including updating donor databases;
- Spearhead a specific project for Asia Society Philippines under the supervision of one of its Program Officers;
- Have an interest in Asian affairs, particularly in the areas of business, leadership, policy, education and arts & culture;
- Have strong command of written and spoken English;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Strong interest in programming and fundraising in the non-profit sector;
- Knowledge of or experience working on a variety of social, cultural, economic, and political issues related to Asia, U.S.-Asia relations, and Asian Americans;
- Solid research, writing, and editing skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Reliable self-starter and problem-solver who is able to work independently to meet tight deadlines;
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment;
Software and Consulting Business Analyst Intern - Minimum 3 months
Interns under this category will assist in report writing and maintenance of the Database Systems. This critical position will help create various methods to maintain high quality data; and provide expertise to manage, design and implement reports based on needs.
- Create documentation for software usage;
- Create initial database;
- Analyze and problem solve issues with the current system as they relate to the integration and management of membership and networking data;
- Provide basic change control management and assist with developing reports;
- Assist with employee training;
- Data entry
- Background in the management of information systems, database management in the job related field;
- Relational Database knowledge is helpful;
- Experience working with CRM software or NetSuite is preferred;
- Experience with creating and maintaining technical documentation;
- Good working knowledge/skills with Microsoft Office; Excellent Microsoft Excel skills;
- Data entry skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing responsibilities;
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and the highest ethical standards are expected;
Graphic Design Intern
Interns under this category will help design graphic for events, copyedit and publish ENews content, edit and upload videos, report on events, craft blog posts and help establish the social content for all social media accounts of Asia Society Philippines.
- Develop graphic content for program marketing materials (i.e. logos, program layout, social media content, etc.);
- Assist in the management of all social media accounts of Asia Philippines;
- Develop content for the monthly E-Newsletter;
- Develop social media campaigns to generate crowd-sourced stories;
- Maintain and expand social media platforms;
- Help measure the impact of social media on the overall marketing efforts of the organization;
- Create a social media marketing strategy to increase the organizations’ visibility;
- Research on new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities;
- Develop videos, promotional materials and social media content;
- Handle special projects involving interviews with leaders;
- Assist in other ASPF programs and events;
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and graphic design;
- Strong photo, video and audio editing skills, with skills in Final Cut Pro, iMovie and Sony Vegas (or any video editing software) a plus.
- Proficiency in social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc);
- Ability to work under pressure/time constraints.
- Good organization skills and work ethic;
- Knowledge of Asia;
- Open-minded, creative, initiative, team-player.