The Global School Design ModelVIEW EVENT DETAILS
An Introductory Workshop
Join the Center for Global Education for a two-day introductory workshop on developing students' global competence through the Global School Design Model. Participants will:
- Visit a Center for Global Education International Studies Schools Network (ISSN) partner school
- Understand how global competence is integrated at the school and classroom levels through the Global School Design
- Talk with staff, faculty, and students who are currently implementing the model
- Learn the core concepts and frameworks used to deliver high-quality, rigorous, and globally focused curriculum
- Access ISSN curriculum, assessment, and instruction resources grounded in project-based learning
- Begin to design an implementation plan for your own district, school, or network of schools
ISSN has worked with schools for over fourteen years to transform the learning experience for students through deeper learning strategies, and looks forward to introducing this model and affiliated resources to workshop participants.
As a special opportunity, there will also be the chance to join district and school leaders from around the world who will simultaneously be participating in our Global Cities Education Network (GCEN) annual symposium. You are invited to an evening event on Wednesday, November 8, at the University of Colorado, as well as a peer-learning session led by teams from cities such as Singapore, Shanghai, Toronto, and Melbourne on Thursday, November 9.
For more information, please contact Kate Farmer.
Learn more about the International Studies Schools Network.
Related Events in Denver
Denver Sheraton Hotel
1550 Court Place
Denver, Colorado 80202
For event details visit https://asiasociety.org/worldwide-locations/events/global-school-design-model Denver Sheraton Hotel 1550 Court Place Denver, Colorado 80202