#HoustonStrong: Asia Society Partners with the Houston Food Bank
In light of ongoing challenges facing our city in the wake of Hurricane Harvey, Asia Society is ready to celebrate our community and its resiliency with you. Our mission is to serve as bridge builders between the U.S. and Asia, and Hurricane Harvey will not sway us from our focus. We are continuing our regular public offerings, and have partnered with the Houston Food Bank to collect donations for disaster relief at select Asia Society events:
- October 10: Ali Velshi: Fake News’ Global Role in Society and Political Campaigns
- October 20: Performing Asia: Shanghai Conservatory of Music
- October 21: Family Day: Diwali
- October 31: Screen Asia: Train to Busan
- November 11: Leo Bar: ANI – A Harvest Kamayan Feast and Lechon Pig Roast
Most-needed items include:
- Canned, ready-to-eat pull top items
- Protein in pouches
- Peanut butter
- Snacks (granola bars, breakfast bars, etc.)
- Paper goods
- Cleaning supplies
Please visit the Houston Food Bank's website for more details.
It will be our joy for Asia Society to reconnect with friends and members at our upcoming programs. We look forward to earnestly rebuilding our great city with you.