We Are Hiring!
Internship at Asia Society Switzerland (80-100%)
Asia Society Switzerland was founded in 2016 and is part of the global Asia Society network with 13 offices around the world. Our mission is to increase Asia Competence in Switzerland by analyzing and understanding the big changes underway in Asia and their impact on the world. As a leading organization fostering knowledge and understanding of Asia, Asia Society showcases the views and thinking of Asian countries, societies and governments – accurately, but not uncritically.
We currently host around 60+ high-quality events per year in Switzerland and run several long-term initiatives. We have ambitious plans to increase both quality and reach of the programs we run in the coming years.
To do so, we are looking for a Program Manager Intern (80-100%) for a minimum duration of 9 months to join our small but growing team in Zurich as of May 24, 2021.
- Planning and organization of events – in person and online –, including logistics and RSVP management;
- Content creation, including the design and writing of newsletters, social media posts and campaigns, updates on our website, outreach and communication of our activities beyond our existing network;
- Independently lead projects;
- Administration and correspondence in German and English;
- Research of topics and speakers in coordination with the whole programs team
- Build and maintain relationships
For this position, we are looking for a very entrepreneurial, ambitious and structured person with a passion for Asia and Asian issues. You should have a BA or MA in Asian Studies, Political Science, Art History, Economics or similar. You are comfortable working in a small team and willing to try new things rather than just follow instructions. Your command of English and German is exceptional, and you have writing experience. You are digitally savvy and have experience in using text and image editing programs. You are comfortable working in a small team and willing to try new things rather than just follow instructions.
The internship will be compensated.
The interviews will take place on April 21, 2021, in Zurich (in person, if possible at the time).
How to Apply
Send your complete application (motivation letter, CV, certificates) to email@example.com until April 18, 2021. For questions about the position, contact Serena Jung, firstname.lastname@example.org.