Virtual Members Get-Together: Looking Back on the Year and Into the FutureVIEW EVENT DETAILS
Connect with Asia Society Members From Around the World
Another year full of events that have moved people around the world is coming to an end. Russia started a war, destroying the lives of millions of people and causing an energy crisis in Europe. New presidents were elected – such as “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. in the Philippines. While in Shanghai, to name just one example, the lockdowns still hit the population hard, other places opened up again, and cultural life is picking up. And Elon Musk actually bought Twitter.
What do you take away from 2022? What was life like where you live? What have your personal highlights been this year? And what is in store for the next?
In this Virtual Members Get-Together, we look back on the year 2022 with Asia Society Members from around the world – and at what they expect from and hope for 2023. Whether you live in Zurich, Manila, New York or any other place, get to know Members from our global Asia Society network, share your knowledge and learn from each other.
How does it work?
- Choose the topic you are most keen to talk about (topics are below) when you register for the event
- After a short introduction, we will split in smaller groups to chat in our “breakout rooms” according to your topic preference. But don’t worry, you don’t have to stay on the topic the entire time, you are free to talk about whatever comes up!
- At the end we will meet again all together and share some highlights from the conversations.
- Energy: How are climate change, war and economy affecting our energy supply?
- Free speech: Where is the line to hate speech and how do we deal with fake news?
- Culture: Concerts, Museums, Books & Co. – what were the highlights and how is culture changing in your community?
This event is for Asia Society Members only. How to become a member?
This event is co-hosted in collaboration with Asia Society centers from around the world.