Asia 21 2011 Public Service Award
EXTENDED! The deadline for applications for the Asia Society's Asia 21 Young Leaders Initiative 2011 Public Service Award (PSA) has been extended to midnight ET, July 22, 2011.
Please submit all applications by email to Asia21PSA@asiasociety.org. (Click on the link on the left for the downloadable application form.)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ):
1. What are the criteria for this award?
All organizations applying for this award must:
- Be nominated by an Asia 21 Fellow or Delegate of a past Asia 21 Young Leaders' Summit;
- Be based and conduct activities in the Asia-Pacific region;
- Have a plan to engage actively with and accept ongoing support from the Asia 21 Class of 2011 Fellows;
- Have permission to accept funds from the United States of America;
- Demonstrate positive impact from their work at the time of submission of their application;
- Have an annual budget of less than US$3,000,000; and
- Have a transparent accounting process for finances.
For a list of additional desirable criteria, please see the complete application form.
2. What documents are needed for applying?
- Completed nomination form;
- Two (2) references / letters of recommendation from individuals and/or organizations clearly indicating their support for the nomination for the Asia 21 2011 PSA and attesting to the nominee's contributions. These supporting letters must come from appropriate project stakeholders (e.g. project beneficiaries, government officials, or private sector);
- Most recent annual report of the organization from 2009-2010 or 2010-2011, including an annual financial statement (please include only the latest report);
- Additional information that supports your application (such as press releases, reports or other data relating to projects mentioned in your application). The additional information should be a maximum of five (5) pages. This is not essential to your application. We may request additional information during the review process.
3. When is the award going to be decided and what are the deadlines of which I should be aware?
- Call for Nominations: May 6 - June 30, 2011.
- All proposals for the Asia 21 2011 PSA should be submitted by email to the Jury Administrator by June 30, 2011, 12:00 midnight ET.
- Review of proposals and the selection of Top 5 nominees: July 1 - August 15, 2011.
- Announcement of the Top Five nominees on the Asia Society website: August 15, 2011.
- The Top Five contenders are notified of the results of the Asia 21 2011 PSA: September 16, 2011.
- Asia21 2011 PSA Presentation Ceremony at the Asia Society's 2011 Asia 21 Young Leaders Summit in New Delhi: November 19, 2011.
4. Why is it important for the organization that I nominate to be able to communicate with Asia Society Asia 21 in English?
In addition to the US$10,000, a very important component of the Award is access to the Asia 21 Fellows' network for program development and mentoring. To ensure that the award-winning organization gets the most out of their experience through this exchange, English proficiency is a requirement. Click here for a link to the profiles of the 2011 Asia 21 Fellows.
5. Is the award only for organizations or can individuals also apply?
This award is only for organizations that are based and conduct activities in the Asia-Pacific region.
6. Can I nominate my own organization if I work at a public service organization?
If you are a past Asia 21 Fellow or Delegate, you are also encouraged to nominate your own organizations.
7. Who should I contact if I have more questions about the Public Service Award?
For further queries, please e-mail us at: Asia21PSA@asiasociety.org. In order to ensure a speedy response, please do NOT leave a question in the comments section on this page.