Research Associate (Editorial), Center for China Analysis
Location: United States (Remote)
Department: ASPI Center for China Analysis
Position: Research Associate (Editorial)
Reports To: Assistant Director, ASPI Center for China Analysis
Job Type: Temporary, Full-Time, One year with the possibility of extending
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $50,000 – $55,000
The Asia Society Policy Institute (ASPI)’s Center for China Analysis is seeking an exceptional candidate to serve as a full-time Research Associate, with a focus on assisting the Center’s leadership in ensuring the Center’s published research outputs meet the highest standards of quality, consistency, and relevance. The Research Associate will join a fast-growing team of China experts within the Center for China Analysis, which aims to unravel China’s complexities to deliver independent policy-relevant analysis.
- Edit draft research projects and publications to meet content and style guidelines.
- Assist with the regular writing, editing, and publication of the Center’s flagship China newsletter (the “China 5”), as well as the Center’s flagship annual research report.
- Write and edit other material as assigned, including promotional material and material for the Center’s website.
- Assist Center leadership with operational project management and advancing research projects from conception through to publication.
- Aid with overall research agenda-setting and coordination of multiple research projects.
- Assist with general China-related research as assigned, across the Center’s major pillars of work.
- This is predominantly a research and editing position, with the opportunity for some publishing with supervisor approval if time allows.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in international relations, journalism, the humanities, or a related major, with a demonstrated interest in China; a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Exceptional demonstrated English-language writing and editing skills and experience.
- Demonstrated research ability and experience; previous experience in a think tank environment preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word; proficiency in Salesforce and HTML a plus.
- Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese preferred but not required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary Range: $50,000 – $55,000
Compensation within this range is determined by skills, experience, and organizational equity.
Asia Society offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan, numerous paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, self-development hours, and more. Please visit www.asiasociety.org/about/careers and click on “Employee Benefits” to view our full benefits summary
Benefit package highlights:
- An HRA plan is available to supplement our medical plan.
- After 1 year of service (1,000 hours), Asia Society contributes 6% of gross earnings to an eligible employee’s 403(b) account, regardless of whether the employee makes their own contributions.
- Asia Society offers Self-Development time off, including Self-Development Summer Fridays between July 4th and Labor Day.
ABOUT ASIA SOCIETY:
Asia Society, founded by John D. Rockefeller the 3rd in 1956, is a global non-profit dedicated to identifying future pathways for Asia and the world which enhance peace, prosperity, freedom, equality, and sustainability. Headquartered in New York City, with 15 centers located in Asia, Europe, and the U.S., the Asia Society has a dynamic and impressive board of trustees of more than 70 international leaders representing thought leadership in policy, the arts, and education as well as in governance and philanthropy.
Asia Society is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that engaging staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better realize our mission of navigating shared futures.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this role, please submit an application to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An application must include:
- Resume or CV (1 page)
- Cover Letter (1 page)
- 2 Writing Samples
- Salary Requirements
- Subject line containing: Research Associate, Editorial
Asia Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity in the workplace. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.