Notice of the China Banking Regulatory Commission on Issuing the Green Credit Guidelines
Guidelines for local China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission (CBIRC) offices, policy banks, and other Chinese financiers.
Offers basic guidance to encourage financiers to adjust their credit structures and mitigate environmental and social risks when financing projects.
- Promote green credit.
- Ensure developers abide by host country environmental laws and regulations.
- Publicly promise to abide by international best practices on the environment.
- Disclose relevant information according to laws and regulations.
- Be subjected to oversight by the market and stakeholders for projects involving major environmental and social risks.
- Fully disclose their green credit strategies and policies, and developments in their green credit business.
- Identify, measure, monitor, and control environmental and social risks during the project implementation and operations phases.
- Improve their environmental and social performance by managing environmental and social risks.