Holi Festival 2018 - Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Holi Festival?
The Holi Festival is a Hindu festival celebrating the arrival of spring and the triumph of good over evil. Also known as the Festival of Colours, it is a celebration of love, laughter, friendship, hope and joy. It is widely known as India’s most colourful festival, and is most commonly celebrated with gulal, coloured powder imitating the colours of spring. Typically celebrated at the first full moon of Phalguna (March) in the Hindu calendar, Holi is a time for people of all ages and walks of life to come out and join in the revelry—to throw colored powder, to sing and dance, and to share food with one another.
- When is Holi Festival 2018?
This year, Holi Festival will be held on 18 March 2018, from 3:30 to 7:30 PM.
- Where will the Festival be held?
The Festival will be held at the North Fountain, SM by the BAY at the Mall of Asia Complex in Pasay, Metro Manila. The venue is beside Vikings.
- What can I expect in this year’s Holi Festival?
This year, Asia Society Philippines offers you the biggest, brightest, and boldest Holi Festival in Manila yet! Aside from the Holi countdown, the Festival will feature a wide variety of fun Indian cultural activities and performances, including folk and Bollywood songs and dances, live drummers, and DJs. Festival-goers can also throw colored powder, treat themselves to delicious Indian cuisine and festival food, have mehndi (henna) tattoos made, or buy Indian wares from our onsite sellers.
- Where can I buy tickets to Holi Festival 2018?
Your ticket is inclusive of entrance to the event, colored powder, and access to activities and freebies. Tickets are now available for pre-selling at Php 200:
Buy tickets over the counter from SM Tickets outlets or online at https://smtickets.com/events/view/6412/FBORG. Additional ticketing charges may apply.
Tickets will also be available onsite on 18 March for Php 250. You may buy a ticket at the entrance to the event.
- I purchased tickets before the event was rescheduled, is my ticket still valid?
Yes, tickets that are marked with the 4 March 2018 date are still valid. No need to purchase new tickets or to exchange.
7. What is included in my ticket?
Ticket is inclusive of colored powder and access to activities (photobooth, rangoli, and henna).
- Can I volunteer for Holi 2018?
Volunteer applications are now closed but thank you for your interest!
- Is this event open for all?
Yes! #HoliMNL2018 is open for everyone!
- Is the event kid-friendly?
Yes, Holi is open to people of all ages—the young and the young at heart.
- Can children come in for free?
Children up to 5 years of age are free admission.
- What time do gates open?
Gates will open at 2:30 PM
- Is re-entry allowed?
Yes, re-entry to the venue is allowed. Kindly keep your wristband on and tickets with you upon re-entry.
- Can I bring food and drinks from outside?
Outside food and drinks are not allowed. However, food and drinks will be available and sold within the Festival premises. There will be an assortment of Indian as well as non-Indian food stalls.
- Will there be any restrooms nearby?
There will be portalets available in the Festival premises.
- Are we allowed to bring in cameras?
Yes, but don’t forget to share your pictures using the hashtag #HoliMNL2018
- Are we allowed to bring in our pets?
Unfortunately, your furry pets would have to stay at home.
- Are there any items prohibited inside the venue?
For a complete list of prohibited items inside the venue, please refer below:
- Outside food and drinks
- Metal and glass containers
- Large umbrellas (only tri-fold umbrellas that fit inside bags will be allowed)
- Studded, spiked, or chained fashion items and accessories
- Weapons or explosives
- Fireworks or sparklers
- Sharp objects
- Laser lights or pens
- Alcohol and illegal substances
- Folding, portable, or camping chairs
- Any other item deemed by staff to be a potential safety hazard
- Is the colored powder safe?
Yes, the colored powder is made from organic materials, and is therefore safe to play with. However, for safety reasons, we do not allow throwing of powder directly into the eyes of another person.
- Can I bring my own colored powder?
No, you cannot bring your own colored powder as it will be made available on site.
- Can I opt out of the colour throwing?
Yes, there will be a tented area designated for people who do not wish to participate in the colour throwing.
- Am I allowed to go on stage during the Festival?
Unfortunately, you cannot go on stage during the event as it is reserved for performers and other live acts.
- What happens if it rains?
The Festival will go as scheduled, come rain or shine. Except for fortuitous events or calamities.
- Will there be a first aid tent at the Festival?
Your safety is one of our primary concerns! A first aid tent will be present on site.
- Who is Asia Society Philippines?
Asia Society Philippines is an NGO that aims to strengthen relationships, deepen understanding and bridge differences across the Philippines, Asia, and the West. We develop cross-sector programs that bring together individuals, companies, policymakers and other non-profits to promote collaboration and understanding of Asia across the fields of policy, business leadership, education, and arts and culture.