[WEBCAST] The Future of US & China ConferenceVIEW EVENT DETAILS
Seeking Truth Through Facts
Asia Society Northern California will host its signature one-day conference virtually on The Future of US & China: Seeking Truth Through Facts on Thursday, January 14. This conference, for the third consecutive year, will bring together leading business and government officials, experts, and policymakers to examine topics including new strategic frameworks for the bilateral relationship; issues including trade, national security, technology, public health, and domestic challenges; as well as the global impact of the political and economic landscape.
Confirmed Speakers Include:
- The Honorable George P. Shultz, Former United States Secretary of State;
- Dr. Henry Kissinger, Chairman of Kissinger Associates and Former United States Secretary of State;
- The Honorable Kevin Rudd, Incoming President, Asia Society;
- Nicholas Borst, Vice President and Director of China Research at Seafarer Capital Partners;
- Chad Bown, Reginald Jones Senior Fellow, Peterson Institute for International Economics (PIIE);
- Dr. Kurt Campbell, Chair and CEO of The Asia Group and former Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs;
- Howard Chao, Principal at Doon Capital;
- Margaret Conley, Executive Director of Asia Society Northern California;
- David Dollar, Senior Fellow in the John L. Thornton China Center at the Brookings Institution;
- Ambassador Karl Eikenberry, U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan (former) and Asia Society Northern California Board;
- Admiral William Fallon, U.S. Navy (Retired);
- Julian Gewirtz, Senior Fellow for China Studies at the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR);
- Bonnie Glaser, Senior Adviser for Asia; Director, China Power Project, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS);
- Evan Medeiros, Penner Family Chair in Asian Studies and the Cling Family Senior Fellow in US-China Relations, Georgetown University;
- Minxin Pei, Tom and Margot Pritzker '72 Professor of Government, Claremont McKenna College;
- Gary Rieschel, Founding Managing Partner of Qiming Venture Partners and Asia Society Northern California Board;
- Andy Rothman, Investment Strategist at Matthews Asia and Asia Society Northern California Board;
- Susan Shirk, Research Professor and Chair 21st Century China Center, School of Global Policy and Strategy at University of California San Diego;
- Lingling Wei, Senior China Correspondent, The Wall Street Journal;
- Ken Wilcox, Chairman of Asia Society Northern California;
- Denise Zheng, Vice President of Technology and Innovation, Business Roundtable;
- Joseph Zhou, Investment Partner at Bits x Bites;
- and more!
This event is the fifth and final program in the Seeking Truth Through Facts U.S.-China program series hosted by Asia Society Northern California.
This program is complimentary and open to the global community. Please consider making a donation to support our work. Registration will close on Wednesday, January 13 at 5:00 p.m. Pacific.
Date: Thursday, January 14, 2021 from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Pacific
Please continuing checking the event website for the latest agenda details and speaker updates.
Link to join virtually via Zoom will be emailed the day before and an hour before the program is scheduled to begin by Rexille Uy, Director of Programs (email@example.com). This will be a webinar program; attendees will not appear on camera and will participate via the Q&A box.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
Lisa B. Barry and James E. Gale
Howard Chao, Doon Capital
For event details visit https://asiasociety.org/northern-california/events/webcast-future-us-china-conference For event details visit https://asiasociety.org/northern-california/events/webcast-future-us-china-conference