Our Generation Asia strategic pillar is our commitment to spotlighting younger voices across public, business and government debate and engagement on Asia, recognising youth as a key driver of Australia’s future success in the region. Through this work we seek to reimagine Asia literacy and empower the next generation of Australian leaders and young professionals to stay interested and engaged with the region, amidst closed borders, geopolitical tensions and economic upheavals.
- Asia literacy on the decline due to pandemic, policy apathy, regional tensions, travel immobility
- The next generation will be most adversely affected by these challenges
- Through digital transformation, demographic changes and accelerating global interconnectivity there also exists significant potential for inspiring new solutions to improve our Asia capabilities among our younger generations. Asia Society Australia can play a role in developing these solutions
Our Generation Asia work comprises of three major components:
1. Member Platform: Gen A is Asia Society Australia’s young leaders network. In 2022 we will open membership opportunities to the wider public through an open application process.
2. Program Stream: Encompassing a mix of member and public events we deliver one Generation Asia program per month including explainers, masterclasses, and public panel discussions. The Generation Asia Young Leaders Forum marks one of Asia Society’s major annual calendar events.
3. Research: This year we will engage experts and young leaders to produce three youth-focused research reports over 12 months based on the following themes:
- Research report one: Keeping Connected
- Research report two: Asia Competency, Employment and the Future of Work
- Research report three: Championing our Talent
Gen A Young Leaders Network
Thursday 12 Aug 2021
11 a.m. - 4 p.m.Melbourne TimeCalculate your local time »