Location: New York
Department: Executive Office
Reports to: Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
Position: Special Assistant
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Full-Time
Compensation: $70,000 to $80,000
The Asia Society, a 67-year-old global non-profit organization focused on navigating shared futures across the Asia-Pacific and beyond in the areas of policy, business, arts, culture, and education seeks a Special Assistant to the Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer. This role supports the global Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, providing project management, strategic, and executive support.
- Help create, coordinate, and maintain an organizational pipeline of activities.
- Help ensure the timely submission of project/program deliverables across departments.
- Work with the EVP/COO to create and distribute monthly staff updates and other internal communications.
- Help to organize and support timely completion of priorities of the EVP/COO, and goals across the organization.
- Provide support to and/or undertake special projects as directed by the EVP/COO.
- Meet with colleagues on the EVP/COO’s behalf.
- Draft memos on operational items as needed.
- Manage the schedule of and coordinate internal and external meetings, locations, facilities, etc. for the EVP/COO.
- Process, manage, and track expenses, invoices, and agreements for the EVP/COO.
- Create meeting agendas; attend meetings and take notes of discussions; prepare initial drafts of minutes, summaries, and action items.
- Create meeting materials such as slide decks and data visualizations.
- Prepare or collate meeting briefs for the EVP/COO.
- Draft, review, and send communications on behalf of the EVP/COO.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the EVP/COO.
- Maintain filing systems on behalf of the EVP/COO.
- Keep the EVP/COO advised of time-sensitive and priority issues, ensuring appropriate follow-up.
- Provide general substantive/research and administrative support to the EVP/COO.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- At least 5 years providing executive assistance and managing projects in a fast-paced, productive environment.
- Detail-oriented and organized; ability to be a self-starter and to multi-task.
- Must be a solution-oriented, diplomatic team player.
- Must exercise excellent judgment.
- Works well across cultures and time zones.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary Range: $70,000 - $80,000
Compensation within this range is determined by skills, experience, and organizational equity.
Asia Society offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, a 403(b)-retirement plan, numerous paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, self-development hours, and more. Please visit www.asiasociety.org/about/careers and click on “Employee Benefits” to view our full benefits summary
Benefit package highlights:
- An HRA plan is available to supplement our medical plan.
- After 1 year of service (1,000 hours), Asia Society contributes 6% of gross earnings to an eligible employee’s 403(b) account, regardless of whether the employee makes their own contributions.
- Asia Society offers Self-Development time off, including Self-Development Summer Fridays between July 4th and Labor Day.
ABOUT ASIA SOCIETY:
Founded in 1956, Asia Society’s purpose is to navigate shared futures for Asia and the world across policy, arts and culture, education, sustainability, business, and technology. We provide a platform for dialogue and encourage a diversity of views as we try to find the most effective ways forward. Headquartered in New York City, the organization has thirteen other Centres around the world, a global staff of over 200T, and an annual global operating budget in excess of $44m.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this role, all applicants must submit a completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A completed application must include:
- Resume or CV
- Cover Letter
- Job title in the subject line
- Salary Expectations
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your submission as received unless your email is bounced back.
Asia Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging and accessibility in the workplace. Women and persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.