Social Media Intern, E-Commerce
Department: Visitor Services
Reports to: Managing Director, Visitor Engagement and Events and Chief Merchandising Officer
Job Type: Internship
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
AsiaStore, Asia Society’s award-winning decorative arts boutique and bookstore, is a unique and dynamic retail environment that showcases the modern Asian lifestyle. With a commitment to featuring the renowned brands of Asia and promoting emerging design talent, AsiaStore is at the forefront of presenting the best in Asian design and literature.
Asia Society’s Events Department is seeking a creative, technically skilled, customer service focused, and retail savvy individual with an interest in e-commerce, social media, digital marketing, and event coordination. The Events Intern will learn how to enhance the department’s Instagram page and digital marketing initiatives, as well as plan, coordinate, and execute various types of events from start to finish.
As a Social Media Intern, you will be exposed to all facets of Asia Society’s event operation, including marketing and outreach, logistics, venue preparation, and event setup. This internship allows an individual the opportunity to be both creative and analytical while assisting with projects that are essential to the success of the Department.
The intern will play an active role in:
- re-conceptualizing AsiaStore’s website;
- creating content and develop campaigns for AsiaStore’s social media platforms and e-commerce initiatives;
- measuring the effectiveness and impact of campaigns;
- evaluating and reporting on various metrics and analytics.
This internship allows the individual the opportunity to use both their creative and analytical talents with projects essential to AsiaStore’s success.
- Education/prior experience most suited for this internship include:
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Google Platforms, Big Commerce, SalesForce, and Photoshop
- Skilled with social media platforms: Facebook; Instagram; Pinterest; and photography
- Effective research, writing, and communications skills.
- Strong organizational capabilities; detail oriented; and an ability to multi-task.
- Proactive self-starter, who is able to perform well under pressure and adhere to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Internship is unpaid, but academic credit can be offered. Candidates are asked to intern for a minimum of 12 weeks. Nights and some weekends are essential. The schedule is flexible.
ABOUT ASIA SOCIETY:
Founded in 1956, Asia Society’s purpose is to navigate shared futures for Asia and the world across policy, arts and culture, education, sustainability, business, and technology. We provide a platform for dialogue and encourage a diversity of views as we try to find the most effective ways forward. Headquartered in New York City, the organization has 12 other Centers around the world, a global staff of 235, and an annual global operating budget in excess of $44m.
Asia Society is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that engaging staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better realize our mission of navigating shared futures.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this role, all interested applicants must submit a completed application to the following email: email@example.com.
A completed application must include:
- Resume or CV
- Cover Letter
- Subject line containing: Social Media Intern, E-Commerce
Asia Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity in the workplace. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.