Location: New York
Department: Global Arts and Culture
Reports To: Director, Performing Arts and Culture as Diplomacy
Job Type: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $44,000 - $60,000
The Program Officer will manage programs and provide administrative support for cultural programs related to performing arts, film, and exhibitions, including special events like exhibition receptions and Family Days, and other fundraising initiatives. Coordination includes general administration, planning, implementation, promotion, and data analysis and evaluations for grant applications and reports as outlined below.
- Manage the internal calendar of events, jot forms, and departmental submissions to the News and Events Magazine (NEM) and website event postings; maintain past program reports, including financials and attendance, in conjunction with the director.
- Prepare and update Events Calendar and records, including organizing program information for website, marketing, and institutional reports; participate in financial monitoring; maintain timeline for programs; and generate projects for interns and volunteers.
- Generate letters of invitation, ensure release forms are submitted, generate thank-you letters, and coordinate travel arrangements for performing artists.
- Participate in the production of in-person and online public programs, including performances, lectures, book events, and film screenings and other programs as assigned, including but not limited to the following as needed: create scenarios, identify spaces and schedule events, and liaise with other Asia Society staff to ensure efficient professional production quality.
- Manage day-of logistics, including: greeting speakers; preparing hospitality; coordination with AV, maintenance and security; house management; etc.
- Create email blasts, flyers and program notes; identify and coordinate with outreach partners and maintain partner relationships and database.
- Manage administrative invoices and credit card receipts.
- Work with the director on funding reports for funding.
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Literature, or Communications and 2-3 years related experience in administration. A public or arts programming position preferred.
- Excellent editing and writing skills and strong organizational skills.
- Proficient in Word, Photoshop, Salesforce, Eventive, and Excel.
- Experience working with arts organizations, authors and performing artists preferred.
- Knowledge of content management systems, social media, and working with web developers.
- Knowledge or interest in Asia and Asian American content highly desired.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary Range: $44,000 - $60,000
Compensation within this range is determined by skills, experience, and organizational equity.
Asia Society offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan, numerous paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, self-development hours, and more. Please visit www.asiasociety.org/about/careers and click on “Employee Benefits” to view our full benefits summary
Benefit package highlights:
- An HRA plan is available to supplement our medical plan.
- After 1 year of service (1,000 hours), Asia Society contributes 6% of gross earnings to an eligible employee’s 403(b) account, regardless of whether the employee makes their own contributions.
- Asia Society offers Self-Development time off, including Self-Development Summer Fridays between July 4th and Labor Day.
ABOUT ASIA SOCIETY:
Asia Society, founded by John D. Rockefeller the 3rd in 1956, is a global non-profit dedicated to identifying future pathways for Asia and the world which enhance peace, prosperity, freedom, equality, and sustainability. Headquartered in New York City, with 15 centers located in Asia, Europe, and the U.S., the Asia Society has a dynamic and impressive board of trustees of more than 70 international leaders representing thought leadership in policy, the arts, and education as well as in governance and philanthropy.
Asia Society is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that engaging staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better realize our mission of navigating shared futures.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this role, all interested applicants must submit a completed application to the following email: email@example.com
A completed application must include:
- Resume or CV
- Cover Letter
- Salary Requirements
- Subject line containing: job title
Asia Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity in the workplace. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.