Producer Editor, Digital & Communications
Position: Producer Editor, Digital & Communications
Location: New York
Department: Digital & Communications
Reports to: Director of Video
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Full-Time, 2-year position
Compensation: $70,000 - $105,000
Asia Society in New York is recruiting for two full-time Producer Editors. This is a newly created position making video and multimedia content for the Asian Diaspora Project, a grant-funded initiative to make meaningful content about people of Asian heritage. The Producer Editor will conceive and execute multimedia projects aimed at elevating marginalized voices, celebrating achievements, breaking down myths and championing change in the Asian community on social media. The successful candidate will be a natural visual storyteller and have a track record of producing high-quality videos including shooting and editing content from concept to delivery. The ideal candidate should be well-versed in creating vertical, short-form videos, comfortable experimenting with new video techniques, creating podcasts, and working with video, motion graphics, and audio. We're looking for someone who has a strong POV, and a passion for using creative video to advance a mission.
- Help strategize for Asian Diaspora Project’s TikTok channel, monitor performance and provide strategic insights to areas of opportunities
- Make creative, compelling multimedia content, such as social videos, GIFs, memes, podcasts, audiograms, and motion graphics, designed to engage and increase our audience
- Help build our new state-of-the-art digital studio and help manage day-to-day operations of studio
- Help manage production schedules, workflows and payments for vendors and freelancers
- Organize and manage video assets and uploads, as necessary
- Contribute to and participate in weekly brainstorms and cross-departmental meetings
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in digital video production including shooting with DSLR and/or pro cinema cameras and on-location lighting and sound
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Audition
- Well versed in sound mixing, color correction and motion graphics
- Excellent editorial judgment and the ability to pitch creative ideas
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, and hit deadlines
- A proven self-motivated, self-sufficient, self-starter
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with a wide variety of people
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Familiarity with analytics and other performance metrics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Box, Slack, and Monday or similar
- Enthusiastic about Asia and what Asia Society does
- Proficiency in an Asian language, a plus
- Able to lift heavy equipment
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary Range: $70,000 - $105,000
Compensation within this range is determined by skills, experience, and organizational equity.
Asia Society offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, a 403(b)-retirement plan, numerous paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, self-development hours, and more. Please visit asiasociety.org/about/careers and click on “Employee Benefits” to view our full benefits summary.
Benefit package highlights:
- An HRA plan (fully funded by the Asia Society) supplements our medical plan and covers the full annual deductible.
- After 1 year of service (1,000 hours), the Asia Society contributes 6% of gross earnings to an eligible employee’s 403(b) account, regardless of whether the employee makes their own contributions.
- The Asia Society offers Self-Development time off, including Self-Development Summer Fridays between July 4th and Labor Day.
ABOUT ASIA SOCIETY:
Founded in 1956, Asia Society’s purpose is to navigate shared futures for Asia and the world across policy, arts and culture, education, sustainability, business, and technology. We provide a platform for dialogue and encourage a diversity of views as we try to find the most effective ways forward. Headquartered in New York City, the organization has 16 Global Centres around the world.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this role, all applicants must submit a completed application to: email@example.com
A completed application must include:
- Resume OR CV
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- A visual portfolio (applications without a portfolio will not be considered)
- Links to relevant work (required)
- Subject line: Producer Editor, Asian Diaspora
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your submission as received unless your email is bounced back.
Asia Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging and accessibility in the workplace. Women and persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.