Manager, Development Operations and Stewardship
Location: New York
Position: Manager, Development Operations and Stewardship
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
Job Type: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Compensation: $75,000 - $85,000
Asia Society was founded on the tenacious belief that genuine understanding across cultures unlocks the potential for a peaceful and sustainable world. Asia Society is at an exciting moment, as we transition the 65-year-old institution, for increased accessibility and visibility in an increasingly digital world. Concurrent with our first brand refresh in a generation, we are seeking to increase the vibrancy and visibility of our landmark headquarters building on Park Avenue. Our New York City headquarters coordinates work in our 16 global centers where we’re leveraging new digital tools to reach and galvanize people who see themselves as members of our global community and want to work with us toward these goals at this critical moment in history.
The Manager, Development Operations & Stewardship is a mission critical position, a key member of the Asia Society Development team, and responsible for both the department’s donor database (Salesforce), database tracking and acknowledgment and stewardship to ensure donor satisfaction.
We are looking for a passionate team member who resonates with those ideas, and this lynchpin position requires a person that combines discipline and attention to detail with an ability to creatively identify and respond to new opportunities. Working closely with the entire Development team, this role reports to the Chief Development Officer, ensuring maximum use of the newly installed Salesforce CRM and Marketing Cloud suite of tools. This role ensures that the team remains in close communication with Asia Society’s financial team and management throughout the organization, ensuring data integrity, producing timely reports and coordinating stewardship communication with current and potential donors.
- Oversee and champion the Development team’s Salesforce donor database (Salesforce and Salesforce suite of products) and its ongoing operation.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of Development’s data (donor and prospect records) assuring its quality, consistency and accuracy, helping drive excellence for fundraising tracking as well as stewardship efforts.
- Perform all data imports: review, clean, and standardize source data; create import files and run queries using Salesforce. Post-import, perform quality control and correct inconsistencies to maintain data integrity.
- Create stewardship reports and other custom reports for a broad platform of needs.
- Prepare donor and prospect research and solicitation reports and briefs and use this information to continually update the prospect pipeline.
- Prepare summaries and briefs that serve as background for executive meetings and conversations with major donors and trustees.
- Work with Chief Development Officer and Managing Director of Development to keep regular detailed projections for contributions from individuals, corporations and foundations. Flag deficiencies and facilitate plan adjustments.
- Produce and coordinate lists, appeal mailings and invitations to donors.
- Manage donor acknowledgements.
- Create and maintain policies and procedures for all Development database systems.
- Ensure that information related to fundraising work is collected, organized and managed effectively.
- Continually improve the effectiveness of existing fundraising operations.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
- BA or BS degree
- 4 years related work experience
- Experience and particular aptitude for disciplined tracking and inputting fundraising data; Salesforce and Salesforce suite of products highly desired
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and successfully in a fast-paced environment
- Creative, highly organized and nimble work style
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Team player who has the ability to work independently and collaboratively across departments and institution
- Strong attention to detail as well as skills and background in successfully managing events and or dynamic accounts
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral formats
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate effectively and professionally with executive staff and board members and to build productive relationships with all donors and other organization partners
- Identifies new and creative ways of doing something or solving a problem that improves, changes and results in value to the way Asia Society’s data is tracked and organized
- Professional demeanor
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm, and confidence
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary Range: $75,000 - $85,000
Compensation within this range is determined by skills, experience, and organizational equity.
Asia Society offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, a 403(b)-retirement plan, numerous paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, self-development hours, and more. Please visit www.asiasociety.org/about/careers and click on “Employee Benefits” to view our full benefits summary
Benefit package highlights:
- An HRA plan is available to supplement our medical plan.
- After 1 year of service (1,000 hours), Asia Society contributes 6% of gross earnings to an eligible employee’s 403(b) account, regardless of whether the employee makes their own contributions.
Asia Society offers Self-Development time off, including Self-Development Summer Fridays between July 4th and Labor Day.
ABOUT ASIA SOCIETY:
Asia Society, founded by John D. Rockefeller the 3rd in 1956, is a global non-profit dedicated to identifying future pathways for Asia and the world which enhance peace, prosperity, freedom, equality, and sustainability. Headquartered in New York City, with 15 centers located in Asia, Europe, and the U.S., the Asia Society has a dynamic and impressive board of trustees of more than 70 international leaders representing thought leadership in policy, the arts, and education as well as in governance and philanthropy.
Asia Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that engaging staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better realize our mission of navigating shared futures.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this role, all interested applicants must submit a completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A completed application must include:
- Resume or CV
- Cover letter
- Subject line: Manager, Development Operations and Stewardship