Reports to: Associate Director, Building Services
Job Type: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $36,000 - $50,000
The Maintenance Associate is responsible to maintain public areas and the office floors in the finest and cleanest condition and to perform mailroom duties. The Maintenance Associate also ensures all events run smoothly from an operational standpoint.
- Oversees incoming and outgoing mail activities; maintains and develops efficient mailroom and mail procedures, and plans strategies for handling high peak seasons.
- Oversees utilization of postal equipment and maintains same.
- Handles mailing requests and special mail services (Courier Services – domestic as well international).
- Takes and maintains inventory of all office supplies.
- Supplies and fills paper needs on all office floor copiers and maintains stock on the office floors.
- Maintains supplies storage under good housekeeping standards for maximum efficiency.
- Maintains inventory of the Staff Commons supplies and orders, as needed.
- Stacks the Staff Commons with supplies, as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Keeps sidewalk, public spaces, restrooms and office floors clean and in orderly condition.
- Assists Chief Engineer on mechanical work.
- Changes filters and clean coils.
- Greases pumps and clean pits.
- Receives maintenance supplies and keeps stock room under good housekeeping standards.
- Rearranges and set ups furniture for all events, as needed.
- Flexible with work schedule.
- Other duties, as assigned
- High School Diploma.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Two to three years’ experience in office services.
- Two to three years’ experience in housekeeping.
- Experience in operating power machines.
- Knowledge of operating a postal machine.
- Dependable, hardworking, motivated, honest and flexible with working hours.
- NYC Fire Guard certification preferred.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Some computer skills.
ABOUT ASIA SOCIETY:
Founded in 1956, Asia Society’s purpose is to navigate shared futures for Asia and the world across policy, arts and culture, education, sustainability, business, and technology. We provide a platform for dialogue and encourage a diversity of views as we try to find the most effective ways forward. Headquartered in New York City, the organization has 12 other Centers around the world, a global staff of 235, and an annual global operating budget in excess of $44m.
Asia Society is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that engaging staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better realize our mission of navigating shared futures.
Asia Society offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan, numerous paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, self-development hours, and more. Please visit asiasociety.org/about/careers and click on “Employee Benefits” to view our full benefits summary.
Benefit package highlights:
- An HRA plan is available to supplement our medical plan.
- After 1 year of service (1,000 hours), Asia Society contributes 6% of gross earnings to an eligible employee’s 403(b) account, regardless of whether the employee makes their own contributions.
- Asia Society offers Self-Development time off, including Self-Development Summer Fridays between July 4th and Labor Day.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this role, all interested applicants must submit a completed application to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A completed application must include:
- Resume or CV
- Cover Letter
- Salary Requirements
- Subject line containing: Maintenance Associate
Asia Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity in the workplace. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.