2021 Global Talent, Diversity & Inclusion Virtual SymposiumVIEW EVENT DETAILS
In Solidarity, We Rise!
Asia Society’s 2021 Global Talent, Diversity and Inclusion Virtual Symposium, presented by Marriott International and hosted by Katie Soo, SVP, Growth Marketing HBO Max, is a timely and important annual event that will bring together our partners and supporters to discuss the challenges and opportunities facing the Asian-Pacific American (APA) community, and other communities, within and outside the workplace in an environment marked by the ongoing pandemic and an increase in anti-Asian sentiment in the U.S. During this concerning time, we seek to come together to tackle injustice and embrace our common set of beliefs that we are all part of one human family.
This year’s theme is In Solidarity, We Rise!
Katie Soo - SVP, Growth Marketing, HBO Max; Asia Society Southern California Board Co-Chair, Asia Society Global Trustee
- Mohit Assomull, Head of Global Capital Markets, Morgan Stanley, and Global Board Trustee
- Romy Basil, Pan Asian Community Co-Lead in New York, Bloomberg LP
- Umran Beba, Chair of Asia Society’s Global Talent and Diversity Council and Partner, August Leadership
- Ivan Batac, Pan Asian Community Co-Lead in Princeton, Bloomberg LP
- Tony Capuano, CEO of Marriott International
- Albert Chao, President, CEO, and Director, Westlake Chemical Corporation and member of Asia Society’s Global Board of Trustees
- Margaret Conley, Executive Director, Northern California Center, Asia Society
- Alphonso David, President, Human Rights Campaign
- Kevin Guyadeen, Managing Director – Tax, KPMG
- Sonny Kalsi, CEO, BentallGreenOak and Global Board Trustee
- Bonna Kol, President, Asia Society Texas Center
- Manjusha (Manju) P. Kulkarni, Executive Director of Asian Pacific Policy and Planning Council (A3PCON) and Co-Founder, Stop AAPI Hate
- Yiwen Li, Director for Strategy and Business Development, Masimo and member of Asia Society Southern California Advisory Board
- Jeff Lin, Co-Founder, ADMERASIA (2020 Asian Corporate Survey Judge)
- Katherine Liu, EVP Strategy and Business Development International, ViacomCBS
- Sana A. Manjeshwar, JD, SPHR, CO-OP℠, Global Principal Ombuds Manager, Chevron
- Eric Mitchell, Assistant Vice President, Diversity & Inclusion, AT&T (2020 Asian Corporate Survey Judge)
- Cherise Myers, Senior Manager, People Department, Organizational Design & Development, Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) (2020 Asian Corporate Survey Judge)
- David Pang, Partner, KPMG LLP
- Peggy Fang Roe, Global Officer, Customer Experience, Loyalty and New Ventures, Marriott International
- Kevin Rudd, President and CEO, Asia Society; President, Asia Society Policy Institute; 26th Prime Minister of Australia
- Max Sevillia, Vice President of Government Relations, Advocacy and Community Engagement at Anti-Defamation League
- Michelle Snoddy, Senior Manager - Strategy, Programs, and Analytics for Diversity, Inclusion, and Ombuds (DIO), Chevron
- Lulu Wang, Vice Chair of Asia Society’s Global Board of Trustees and CEO of Tupelo Capital Management LLC
- Janet Yang, Founder and President, Janet Yang Productions, and member of Asia Society Southern California Advisory Board
- John C. Yang, President and Executive Director, Asian Americans Advancing Justice
- Perry Yung, Actor, HBO Max’s Warrior
Wednesday, May 12th from 2:00 to 5:30pm ET
Day 1 of the two-day program will focus on discussing anti-Asian sentiment in the U.S. and what we can do to combat it. We will hear from some of today’s most well-recognized members from the APA community to share their thoughts and perspectives and welcome the insight and perspectives from other communities who are also battling against racism and misinformation. Featuring networking opportunities and interactive break-out sessions on topical subjects such as “The Strength of Asian-Pacific Employee Resource Groups”, “Building Inclusive Leaders Through Allyship”, “Asian-Pacific Women: Supporting Each Other Through Challenges and Opportunities” and “Having the Power to Shape Our Destiny: Asian-Pacific American Emerging Leaders”, we will explore issues that transcend communities to foster stronger relations between the APA community, bystanders and allies.
Thursday, May 13th from 6:45 to 8:30pm ET
Day 2 will focus on the results of Asia Society’s 2020 Asian Corporate Survey, an annual national benchmarking study aimed to fill a critical knowledge gap relating to the growth, development and advancement of APA employees, highlighting new information, key trends and innovative best practices. We will hear from business and civil society leaders and influencers who are role models providing support and guidance to the APA community in such areas as mentorship and sponsorship, and who can offer candid advice to anyone looking to advance their career and succeed. We will also discuss how members of the APA community can strengthen individual workplace skill-sets in a challenging environment impacted by the ongoing pandemic, racism and xenophobia. Lastly, we will dedicate a portion of the program to officially announcing corporate Awardees of the 2020 Asian Corporate Survey in several categories, including the highly anticipated award for “Best Employer for Asian-Pacific Americans”.
Please join Asia Society as we bring together members of the APA community and our allies together for a series of heartfelt and genuine conversations about how we can build solidarity, understanding and compassion as we unite against obstacles to strengthen a more inclusive and respectful society for all.
YOUR TWO-DAY VIRTUAL TICKET INCLUDES:
- Access to all programs and panel discussions
- Live interactions with virtual vendor booths
- Virtual networking with all guests and speakers
- Access to post-event content
For more information, contact email@example.com.